Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend Recap

We had a fairly laidback weekend. It was nice to unwind after a stressful first week as a new business owner. I tried to pack two weeks of activities into about four days and several speed bumps along the way, but to avoid getting all wound up first thing this morning, I am skipping over those details and moving straight on to the weekend activities.

Friday, I met with a group of friends for lunch. This particular group meets every Friday, but I hadn’t been able to attend for nearly a month due to various activities I needed to wrap up before leaving my old company. Most of the hour was spent catching up on all of the latest gossip news that came up during my absence. Needless to say, the laughs were in abundance and I had a little extra spring in my step by the time it was over.

That evening my wife and I met with more friends for dinner and we followed it up with series of card games and memorable moments. A good time was had by all.

We originally planned to spend Saturday on the lake, but it has been unseasonably cold in my area and that day was no exception. Instead we opted to hole up in the living room and watch the entire third season of Dexter.

Sunday my wife had to work (long story) and my son was still visiting his biological mother for the weekend, so I hung out by myself. I wrote a bit, watched football and just generally recouped and prepared for the week to come.

In my humble opinion, there are far worse ways to spend some much needed time off.

So, how was your weekend?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger lime said...

sounds like a great way to kick back after so much hard work. yesterday i got to unwind which i needed after working late friday night and then again early satruday morning.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

That sounds like a great way to spend a weekend. Hope you feel refreshed James. :)

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Mona said...

There are. I second that opinion...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.