Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Book Review: Darkness on the Plains: The Beginning

I am conflicted, downright unsure of everything I previously held as gospel. My world is officially topsy-turvy. You see, I read Darkness on the Plains The Beginning by fellow RP author Jayme Malvagio and I really enjoyed it. Why is that so weird? Because it is an Erotic Paranormal novel. I don’t read erotica. Not that I’m a prude or anything, but when I sit down to read, I want to be thrilled, scared, and/or entranced. There is more than enough sex and sensuality in my life, I don’t need to read about it to boot.

Then I read DOPTB. From the first paragraph this book drew me in. It was intense. It was dark. It was full of wild adventures, death, love, beauty and… vampires. And yes, it was full of sex. The funny thing is, that the sex scenes all seemed to be pertinent to the storyline. The vampire is a sensual creature in the most popular of folklores, but this book merged sex and violence in such a skillful way, I didn’t even blush as I read through M/M/F threesome. It may seem like a strange comment, but of all the odd sexual fantasies out there, this one probably repels me the most. James doesn’t share women and he damn sure doesn’t get into rolling around with other naked men.

When I finished reading the entire story, I realized something rather profound, for me anyways: This is a great book that happens to be erotic.

I recommend this book to fans of, Romance, Horror, Thrillers, Suspense, Mysteries, Erotica and well… anyone who enjoys a good fast-paced read.


Blurb

When Native American myth collides with the world of vampires, the fate o the entire tribe could hang in the balance…

A storm brews in the Indian Territory. Nightfall is coming, and something lurks in the darkness that is as beautiful as it is terrifying. There is a new hunter on the plains and his prey is… human.

Reunited with his people, Kanati has the love of the most beautiful woman he ever met, and is leading the life he always dreamed of, but a chance encounter with a charismatic vampire will launch him down a path wrought with peril and suprises. Will Kanati be able to preserve the life he loves?

Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6:12 AM, Blogger g-man said...

I'll have to check this book out.
I'm glad you're back blogging James.
Good luck on your new Biz....G

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Anny Cook said...

Ahhhh, erotica. Yeah, if it's done right, then the sex is part of the story. So glad you enjoyed the book!

Who knows? You may venture out into the unknown again.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Brian Miller said...

intriguing...perhaps.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger lime said...

It may seem like a strange comment, but of all the odd sexual fantasies out there, this one probably repels me the most. James doesn’t share women and he damn sure doesn’t get into rolling around with other naked men.

made me giggle but truthfully, if the writing is good we can be open to all sorts of scenes we never would have considered before. sounds like this one hits the mark. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.