Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday 55

Welcome to Friday 55. The object of the exercise is to write a story using exactly 55 words. If you participate, be sure to drop a comment at G-Man’s blog so others will know how to find your story.



The aroma of Listerine and dime-store aftershave barely covers the smell of Black Velvet. A gnarled hand touches my shoulder, a nod, a smile, a hint of mischief in his eye. He leans back in the chair, knee proffered. It’s story time. I gladly accept. I wake before the tale begins. I miss my grandfather.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger lime said...

oh how wonderful, james. i am there and you have stirred some pleasant memories of my own when my grandparents told their stories.

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Mona said...

Awwwwww, (((HUGS)))

I am sure he loved you too!

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger ciara said...

touching 55. :) i was on vacay last week so i don't have one :-/ hopefully i'll come up w something for tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.