Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Alive and Kicking

Is it just me or does time seem to be slipping away at an alarming rate? I hit me this morning that I haven’t updated this blog in quite some time. My day job has finally leveled out a bit, so you would think I would have more time for blogging. The funny thing is that with the onset of warm weather, I’m hardly ever home.

We’ve been spending a good deal of our free time at the lake. My wakeboarding skills were a little rusty at first, but I’m well on my way to completing my first aerial 360 this year. It is a rather tricky maneuver, as we have to gain some serious speed to give my rather large body enough lift to stay airborne long enough to complete the full circle. I figure the first real attempt will end one of two ways. Either I’ll be mostly successful, have my board hit the water first and wipe out or I will land at some odd angle and wind up back in the emergency room. It should be interesting either way.

Other than the lake time, we’ve filled our weekend evenings with cookouts, guitar hero parties, concerts, bike rallies and road trips. During the week, we’ve been hitting the gym, recovering from the weekend before and at least in my case, trying to squeeze in enough time to write on my various projects.

Speaking of writing, I’m currently working on four different books. One is a trilogy and in a weird twist of fate, I have the third installment all but complete, the second about three quarters of the way there, but I can’t submit any of them until I finish the first one, which is only about half way through. I’m not sure how I wound up so lopsided, but I guess the last book, drew me in quicker than the others. We’ll just have to see how it turns out. The other book I’m working on, has barely seen any screen time, but it is still in the works. It is a sequel to The Dance and I’m pretty excited about it.

Anyhoo, that is what’s going on in my life right now. How is everything in your world?

5 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger snowelf said...

It's not just you, James, time is flying by. And with all that stuff, I am not surprised you haven't had the time to blog!! :P

Good luck on ypur 360--let's hope its the former and not the latter. ;) And how fantastic about your trilogy--I know when I think up a fantastic story sometimes the "end" is the most fun to write.

---snow

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Mona said...

wow! That is what I call multitasking

Four books at a time...Gosh that is too many!

Sequel to Dance? YAAAAYYY!

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger lime said...

time keeps on slipping slipping slippin...

i wish you a successful 360...i've had ER time recently. i don't recommend it as a way to start the summer....

glad to hear you're getting lots of fun and lots of writing in. :)

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Anny Cook said...

Just finished a shortie for a Resplendence anthology. And I also have three other books in progress. So I certainly understand about lopsided progress.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Mona said...

Happy father's Day James!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.