Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Weekend Recap

It was a great weekend, but it wound up being too short. I really could’ve used an extra day… maybe even two. We managed to pack a whole lotta fun into the time we were allotted though.

On Friday, we met up with some friends and went out to hear a bit of live music. As most of you know, I’m a big fan of concerts and I had a Shinedown, Hailstorm, and Aranda evening all lined up for us. We decided to meet at a local hotspot, The Gray Snail, before the concert. When we arrived we were surprised to find that Hailstorm was performing an acoustic set before their big show at the Cain’s Ballroom. It was great. While we were killing time waiting for the main event, we ran into an old friend of ours. After a brief discussion we realized that she could use our tickets much more than we could, so we gave her ours and went out to hear some local talent instead.

Saturday morning we suited up in our finest leathers, jumped on my bike and went to take part in a poker run to support Cancer Sucks. It was a great ride and supported a great cause.

After the ride, it was time to head home, shower up and giddy up to our next event. We joined a group of friends at a place called The Fox & Hound for an evening of Pool, Darts, catching up with old friends, and making new ones.

Sunday, of course, was Mother’s Day. And I want to take a minute to wish a belated Happy Mother’s Day to you all. I hope it was a joyous time spent with cherished loved ones. We had a marvelous lunch that my brother prepared while visiting my mom. He made homemade Sesame Chicken and let me tell you… it was to die for. After lunch, we spent a brief bit of time at home, before my SIL invited us out for an impromptu cookout at her place. More free food? You know they didn’t have to twist my arm to get me to agree to that one. So, we finished off the evening with some grilled steaks, potatoes and steamed prawns.

Other than that, we just tried to fit in a bit of sleep here and there. We weren’t entirely successful there, but there just wasn’t enough time to fit everything in and get a full night’s rest. Oh well, I can sleep when I die.

So, how was your weekend?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

Sounds like a great fun filled weekend and oh my at the food, you are making my mouth water in this one.

My weekend was good,Saturday I had to work but Sunday I drove into work at 6am to find that at the last minute my boss decided to close, I also figured out that my cell phone is completely messed up :(.

Sunday was such a surprise because I got to go to church with my family for morning service. We came home for lunch that my kids made then watched a movie and while watching the movie I fell asleep about half way through. For me it was a great weekend because I got some extra sleep that was much needed. Going to bed at between 10pm-12am and getting up at 3am to go to work will wear a person down fast.

It is so good to hear from you and I am glad that your family seems to be doing well.

HUGS!

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger lime said...

it sounds like it was a fantastic time. i have to say my weekend was really made very lovely by my family and i am so grateful for that. the only possible improvement would have been if we'd had time to take a ride on the bike ourselves, but that's in no way a complaint because everyone did go the extra mile in so many other ways.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Finding out a cell phone is messed up usually happens at the MOST inconvient times, no Breazy?

Jimeny Christmas!!! yes, it sounds like you need more sleep. Glad to hear you had a wonderful day though. :D


Ah, yes... the wind in the hair while cruising on a bike is a great way to top off even the most perfect of days, Lime. :D

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Anny Cook said...

Had an excellent, quiet day. All my kids called to chat. And I called my mom (she's 80 this year!) and talked a while. So glad you're back to blogging!

 
At 4:25 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

That's great, Anny. Glad to hear you had an excellent day. and Thanks I'm glad to back myself. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.