Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend Recap

Sorry folks. I just haven’t been able to bring myself to spend much time on here lately. I’m hoping to change that and soon. Maybe even this week. I’ve been reading, writing a bit on a new novel and just spending time with family and friends. It’s been a month now, but I still felt the incredible need to keep my mind occupied. If I let my mind roam, it seems to take me to a rather dark place.



This weekend was a bit easier and I hope it continues the trend. I’ve started removing things from my home that remind me of him. I keep them; I just don’t have them displayed as a constant reminder of our loss.



Spring is coming and with it the thunderstorms to wash away my woes and the last vestiges of winter. I’m ready for warmth, I’m ready for fun, and I’m ready for summer. This week should be the last time we drop into the 30s (well, at least I hope so). We should be ready to start spending some time at the lake within the next couple of weeks. It may be too cold to actually get in the water, but we can still enjoy being outdoors.



Oh and before I forget… My friend and one helluva writer David Niall Wilson has written me into a screenplay he is posting on his blog in segments. You can check it out Here.



But enough about me… what have you been up to while I was away?

5 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

James,

You and your family are still in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so ready for Spring myself, today we hit 72 and tomorrow we are supposed to reach 74. The bad thing is that some cool weather will find its way back in before full warm weather is here to stay. As far as what I have been up to...I started a new job that I love last Wednesday. It is nothing special but the hours are great and the customers are even better.

Peace be with you.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger lime said...

no need to apologize. we each need to process things in our own way and in our own time. you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers though.

i just got back from a long weekend with my cousin in boston. that was a real joy and a recharge i needed.

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thank you, Ladies. I really appreciate that.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Anny Cook said...

Time and Love. Take your time and treasure your love. I've been writing. Hope to finish my faery tale soon.

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just went and checked out the screenplay that your friend David is writing I loved it It grabbed my attention right away and it's so cool see your name in it
I am also starting to be able to look forward and am crying less but I don't think any of us will ever be the same.
love ya
MoM
Thank-You to all your friends who have been praying for us God Bless you

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.