Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Friday, January 09, 2009

Friday 55

Welcome to Friday 55. The object of the exercise is to write a story using exactly 55 words. If you participate, be sure to drop a comment at G-Man’s blog so others will know how to find your story.



Want to play along? Let me know if you do so that I can come read your entries.


Slipping, sliding, unsure movements, awkward moments, yet you press on. The desire to indulge overrides the fear of appearing foolish in your inexperience. You’re getting closer. Your breaths come faster. Your grip tightens. You reposition yourself. With a mighty jump, you fly down the mountain with nothing between you and the snow but a board.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 4:14 AM, Blogger Mona said...

Wow! Ty is learning to ride a sleigh?

I can surmise how It must feel to fly over the mountain edge. I was in an accident once when my car flew over the cliff like that & landed on the top of a tree!

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger G-Man said...

Ah yes...quite an appropriate Winter 55 James.
It sure is good to see you back on Friday. Thanks for visiting, thanks for playing, and have a Great Week-End...G

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger KellyMarstad said...

I'd like to say, here I come black diamond. But I never got more confident than blue. Hey it's one short, and while I love downhill, I loathe mogels.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger lime said...

hahahaha, i think if i did that the board and my head would soon swap positions. good one. mine is up too.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Sounds dangerous to me! Great stuff James. :)

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Mojo said...

I prefer two boards myself, never tried snowboarding, but the rush is the same either way I suspect.

Nicley played!

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger ciara said...

snowboarding, eh? i hate snow & cold...i'm unbalanced haha wow, that last statement sounded all kinds of wrong haha great 55 :)

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

Neat, James. Boy, it was cold this morning when I took hubby to the airport. No snow though. How are things up your way? We're supposed to have really cold weather this week. I'm NOT ready for it. D

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Mona said...

I hope that the cold has abated somewhat ...although that is high hope in January!

Stay safe & warm!

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

Hey James, I know that I am a few days late but I wanted to stop in to say hi, how are you doing? LOL!

I have been sick and after getting better I have been playing catch up so I haven't been around much lately.

I hope you are doing great!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.