Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Weekend Recap

Well, I’ve had better Thanksgiving weekends. I managed to contract a rather nasty virus that picked the holiday to manifest itself. I made it to the first celebration feeling pretty good, but a little off. I couldn’t quite place the feeling, but I had a nagging suspicious that something wasn’t right. As we drove away to attend the next visit with family… it hit and hit and hit again, until I was beaten into submission. A quick change of plans found me sprawled on the couch, drifting in and out of consciousness, punctuated with violent bouts of illness and near crippling cramps. The worst of it seemed to last about 24 hours and I lost ten pounds in that time. I was left weak, shaky and wondering what the hell happened. I spent the rest of the weekend in a state of slow recovery.


Other than that, it was good to be off and at home. I’m about to go hop on a plane (I know that is unheard of these days) and head to Baton Rouge for a couple of days. At least it will be warm there. We had our first snow yesterday. I’m not ready for the biting touch of winter and it is shaping up to be a doozy.


I suppose I should stop rambling and go finish packing. I will try to return with something more interesting to talk about on Thursday.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 7:11 AM, Blogger lime said...

oh ugh, what an awful way to spend the holiday. i hope you are feeling up to the required work travel.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

I am sorry to hear you were sick over the holiday weekend but I am happy to hear that you are feeling better. Your illness sounds like a virus that is going around here as well.

Have a safe trip! :)

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Mona said...

Yikes! In & out of consciousness & losing ten pounds!!!!!!!

That sounds like TOO BAD!

It must have been that 'Dirt Cake'

I Hope you are feeling fully recovered before you hop on that plane & head sunways!

Best Wishes!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Sorry to hear you've been ill James. We had snow today - yuk, I wish I was going somewhere warm!

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Maddie James said...

Hey James. Hope you had a good flight and that you're all better now. I'm with you about the snow, it was 19 here this morning. Brrrrr....

Take care,

maddie

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Oh I am sorry you were sick! I hear we have had a bug going around. One of my co-workers has been out for 4 days.

Be careful on your trip and enjoy not having this freezing weather.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

I'm not THAT sick, James, but I've got the crud. My stomach has been "off" and now I have the really sore throat going on. Just hate it. Glad you perked up! D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.