Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend Recap

I should be in town all week. I’m not quite sure what to do with myself. The good folks at the airport will probably wonder what happened to me. With any luck, they will have to miss me until at least after Thanksgiving. Keep your fingers crossed.

We had a recoup weekend. It turns out that my wife was also feeling the strain of working hard and playing hard, so we took nearly the entire weekend and did… absolutely nothing. I didn’t even rent movies. We slept in, talked about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, napped and just hung out. It was a good weekend.

I did manage to sneak in a bit of promo on Sunday and I did write a few paragraphs, but mainly I used the weekend to recharge my failing batteries.

I anticipate a full week of blogging. I know, it’s a strange concept, but it is long over due. There has been so much going on in my life lately, one would think I have an endless supply of blog material. Sadly, the sheer volume of activity has kept me away from the ol’ Blogoshpere. Oh well, life happens…

How did you spend your weekend?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Blogger lime said...

sounds like a nice recuperative weekend that was badly needed. glad to hear it.

looking forward to your bloggy presence.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

It's good just to chill occasionally. Looking forward to a week of blogging from you James.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

Saturday we drove down to SW Oklahoma to check on poor little Mama. She's doing okay but hurts to see her slipping. Sunday morning put hubby on the airplane flying back to Florida for about a month. I cleaned all day. My way of regrouping.

You have been so busy! Good for you and your wife for spending some good time together. You know-time to smell the roses. Be sure to do it! D

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Mona said...

O for a quite weekend. I'm bust my ass with the carpenters,masons & painters strewn all over my place. & some of them broke the overhead tank water pipeline today, so no water running water in the kitchen.

It sucks major time! But soon soon, I'll have a clean mended & dented into shape place that I'm looking forward to!

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Wow, for some reason, I thought I wasn't getting any comments here...

Lime and AK, thanks for the kind words.

AWW, Donnetta, it is painful to see the ones we love grow weak. and the hubby's gone for a month? I would be a cleanning fool. I hope the time passes quickly.

Oh, wow, Mona. It sounds like you have your hands full. How much longer will they be there?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.