Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Friday, November 07, 2008

Friday 55

Welcome to Friday 55. The object of the exercise is to write a story using exactly 55 words. If you participate, be sure to drop a comment at G-Man’s blog so others will know how to find your story.



Tick-Tock. The sound should be reassuring. Its rhythm matches my heart. Tick-Tock. For now, at least. Tick-Tock. Soon, I’ll feel the surge. Tick-Tock. My mind will fade. Tick-Tock. Faces stare at me through the window, remorseless, hateful, sobbing. Tick-Tock. I give them a wink and a smile. Tick-Tock. The warden hits the switch. Tick--

Don’t forget to stop by Oh, Get a Grip! today. This week we are discussing… well, just swing by and take a gander.

Oh, and if you happen to find yourself in Northeastern Oklahoma over the weekend, I’m doing a reading and book signing at the Sapulpa Public Library this Saturday from 11 to 1. Stop by and say hello.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 5:02 AM, Blogger snowelf said...

Oooo, James!! Call me sadistic, but I really really like this one. It's just chilling! Happy Friday!

--snow

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Ah, thanks, Snow. :D

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Mona said...

What is happening here? It is so cruel to administer shocks Mister James Goodman!

I'm sure you are teasing me by saying "stop by to say hello!"

Me: {gritting teeth...some more gritting of teeth} I feel so frustrated!

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

Great 55! This 55 brings to my mind the movie "The Green Mile." Maybe because I recently watched that movie.


Have a good weekend and good luck with the reading/signing, I sure wished I were near Oklahoma because I would certainly stop by. :)

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger ciara said...

oh crikey! that was a great 55, james :)

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger G-Man said...

Oh yeah...
James Macabre is back in the house!
Excellent 55 as usual..
Good to have you back in the fold again. Thanks for playing, and have a Great Week-End!

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

Now THIS one is really my kind of story. Good luck and have fun at the book signing. Hubby is taking the car to Tulsa this weekend so I won't make it. Maybe next time! D

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Ah justice! You always say so much in just 55 words James. Good luck with the book signing shame I'm on the other side of the world or I'd be there! :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.