Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend Recap

Well, we had a lovely weekend, thanks for asking. Life is finally starting to slow down a bit and I’m eternally thankful for that. I was creeping dangerously close to the verge of burnout with the day job. Maintaining a breakneck pace for five months tends to do that to even the most resilient of folks.

I fly back to New Orleans this afternoon, but I return tomorrow night and it should be my last trip down there. I have one project left in that building and the client is coming in to do a final approval on it.

My other big time sucker is nearing completion as well. The final project is being constructed in Deer Park, Texas and I should have it out of my hair on November 5th. Barring any major deficiencies, I’ll be back to just working on my local projects by the end of that week. I’m looking forward to it.

On Friday, we rented movies, ordered takeout Chinese food and spent the evening lounging in front of the television. I honestly can’t remember the last time we had a movie night, but it was an easy routine to fall back into. I hope to talk about a few of the movies we watched later this week.

Saturday we spent the majority of our time at the lake. It proved to be to cold for wakeboarding, but we had a grand time of fishing and just generally enjoying each other’s company. That evening we watched the rest of our rentals.

Sunday we went to my brother and his wife’s baby shower. He is going to be the father of twins and as such, will be introduced to the world of changing diapers with gusto. It was a great get together with lots of games and even more laughs.

It was a great weekend.

So, how did you spend yours?

5 Comments:

At 5:05 AM, Blogger snowelf said...

Hey James :)

What a great weekend after all the craziness that has been going on for you! I know you were ready to throw on the brakes.

Friday I had a girls night with my babysitter and her daughters and my daughter. We went to dinner and a movie and it was really fun. Saturday the chilis had a halloween parade and outdoor party thing to go to, so my dad took them and my mom and my sister in law and my mom's best friend dragged me to a craft fair and then out to lunch. Then Snickers had a Halloween party to go to that night, so me and Woobie ran errands and started some Christmas shopping. Sunday, I had to run more errands and then we met my brother and my family and some of his friends at a Chinese restaurant to celebrate his birthday. Sunday night, I pretty much collapsed. ;)

--snow

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

I'm sure you'll be a happy chappy when your work is back to a calmer state.

What a great weekend you had chilling.

We celebrated MWM's 60th birthday this weekend. We saw and amateur muscical production on Friday, went to a club on Saturday night and yesterday evening (his actual birthday) we went to a Chinese Restaurant with our sons and their spouses. Tomorrow we fly off to Poland for a four day break.

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger lime said...

aahhh, sounds like it was a relaxing weekend for you and just what you needed. mine was low key too. my kids were mostly gallavanting with friends. yesterday i started a fire in the fireplace and sat curled up in front of it doing crossword puzzles and super sudokus. it was nice to relax.

congrats also to your brother.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

It's about time you had a little relaxation! Good for you and more to come, I hope.

Saturday I attended the State Superintendent's Special Education Conference in OKC. Got to see many old friends and picked up some training hours. Sunday, cleaned house and hubby drove home from hunting in Colorado. Brought home a deer. Had it processed in Colorado so now freezer is full. All in all, had a nice but busy weekend. D

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

Movie night sounds like a wonderful thing to do and that might be what we end up doing this coming Friday for Halloween. The kids are wanting to do a "Fright Night" which to them means scary movies that scares them so bad that we all have to camp out in the living room so that zombies and blood soaked creatures don't come to get us while we are sleeping.

Glad your schedule is slowing down, ours is too. My sons football season is almost over so that means more time.

have a good Tuesday!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.