Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday 55

Welcome to Friday 55. The object of the exercise is to write a story using exactly 55 words. If you participate, be sure to drop a comment at G-Man’s blog so others will know how to find your story.



Nostrils flare. Her aroma is intoxicating. Does she know? Muscles tense. I move closer. The air between us pulses with anticipation. Can she feel me? Gums ache. I long to taster her. Is she ready? Pressure builds. I brush away the hair from her neck. Will she run? Fangs drop. I drink. Is she dead?



Don’t forget to stop by Oh, Get a Grip! today. This week we are discussing… well, just swing by and take a gander.

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 5:57 AM, Blogger lime said...

just in time for halloween next week.:) oh i bet you'll have a thriller next week, huh?

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Oh, yeah... I'm definately hoping i can come up with something special. :D

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Mona said...

Vampire Speak? Well done :D

Vampire Thought rather...

Or Vampire Feel, to be precise :D

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Mona. Tis the season for blood suckers. :D

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Mona said...

I guess it is, with all that global meltdown :D

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, yes indeed. In this time of crisis, I find our leaders far more frightening than any fabled monster...

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Kaknu said...

Great seasonal 55! I wasn't expecting a Halloween theme, so when I got to the aching gums I'm like, what? Gums? aching? really? :P

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Oh you're back with a vegence m'dear! :)

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger g-man said...

Ah James, you've been missed brother!!
Thanks for playing, thanks for visiting, and have a Great Week-End!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

I've got cold chills, James. Gotta love those vampires. And the build up to the end. Good. D

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Ciara said...

ooo me likey! :) so perfect for this time of year. isn't it fascinating how vampires can be found so sexy & scary at the same time?

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Ciara said...

p.s. i think i'm posting under my blogspot shop. lol

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Mona said...

But they are! I wonder when we all are 'drowning' in the meltdown, why are they trying to push in more 'liquidity' :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.