Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, September 08, 2008

Rockin' Weekend

It’s been a wild few days of music, food and fun. All of which, seem to culminate in the realization that I need a weekend to recoup from my weekends. Maybe someday…

Friday, of course, started off with a bang. I met some friends for lunch at McNellie’s . Through the course of meal, I put into motion a pretty exciting deal as pertains to my day job, got invited to small concert, and had one helluva great time to boot.

So, that evening I show up at Cain’s Ballroom to watch Don Henley play not only several of my favorite Eagles songs, but also his renditions of several other wonderful hits by various artists, such as Paul Simon, Tears for Fears and many more. I was so close to the stage, I had to dodge beads of perspiration when they turned the spotlight on him. It was a truly amazing experience.

Saturday we attended an intimate cultural event showcasing the foods and beverages of Germany specifically as pertains to the seasonal offerings of Oktoberfest. It was several hours of good company, good food and good beer. It was as enlightening as it was entertaining and I thank the hosts greatly for having us and even bigger thanks goes to my friend Steve for inviting us to take part of the festivities.

Saturday night, we attended a benefit concert for Safari Sanctuary , featuring Hollywood Harlot , Zendozer , and the greatest KISS cover band ever, Dressed to Kill . All three bands wer absolutely outstanding and rocked out like there was no tomorrow. My son was so impressed he asked for autographs from all of them. I highly recommend checking out any one of these bands if you get a chance.

And yesterday, well… we relaxed as much as possible, watched a few football games and just hung out.

So, how was your weekend?

Oh, and see the post below for some exciting news.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! It sounds like you had a fantastic week-end.... No wonder I never get to see ya!!! LOL I LOVE the the cover of the Tuttles house of horror it is awesomely gruesome! Quiet week-end for me nothing exciting to share so I guess I will get back to it. I love you and cannot wait to see the book in print!!!
love
MoM

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

You have the most amazing weekends. I think I'd be exhausted after all that fun.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Mona said...

James? That is really your Mom out there commenting on your post ?

Hi! O mom of James! thanks for giving birth to your son!

Hey James! I saw comment begin with 'WoW'& end with 'Mom'.

It seems like Mom was hanging upside down & then got back to being straight again!

( MoM! I am just joking! :D)

You really seemed to have had a roaring time! I am glad for you!

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

WEll my weekend was nowhere near as exciting as yours! No wonder you could do with a weekend to get over the weekend! LOL

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger lime said...

it sounds like it was a great time! since hurricane hanna was busy dumping rain on us we had a pretty laid back weekend just staying indoors and keeping dry.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Anny Cook said...

Yep, us too. Hanna kept us indoors, so I wrote, wrote, wrote! Glad things went so well for you!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

I can't believe you saw that show at Cain's. I was shocked when I saw the ticket price. You must be a very lucky guy.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, I've heard something along those lines before. :D It was a great show though. Totally worth it.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.