Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Where U B?

Where have I been? Well, let’s see… I’ve been working crazy hours at the day job during the week and going crazy on the weekends to make up for it. My Grandmother’s 80th birthday was a couple of weeks ago. We had relatives come in from Delaware for a surprise party. After the party, I took a couple of cousins and my brother and SIL out for a night of revelry. We danced, played and even managed to find a club where I could sing a couple of songs (and yes… the crowd went wild). The next day we spent at the lake, wakeboarding, swimming, tubing and even managed to work in a bit of cliff diving.

I flew back to New Orleans on Monday morning worked virtually non-stop until Wednesday morning, flew home, slept a couple of hours and spent the rest of the week working up in Ponca City.

That Friday evening we drove up to Grand Lake and stayed in a condo with a couple of friends of ours. We wakeboarded all day and partied all night. It was a… er, Grand time. I even managed to pull off a few new tricks on the wakeboard. I’m not ready for the pros yet, but there is definite improvement in my abilities.

That next morning I flew back to New Orleans and worked an insane amount of hours until Wednesday, flew home and spent the rest of the week working in Ponca City.

This past weekend, we celebrated my son’s birthday. He had a couple of friends that came up from Checotah and spent the entire weekend with him. The party was at Big Splash (a local water park) and a great time was had by all. On Sunday we loaded everyone up and headed back to the lake. I had just completed one of my most impressive runs yet, when I landed a jump wrong, dipped the tip of my board to deep and promptly sprained my ankle. All I could do was kneeboard and drive after that.

Some people might have called it a day after the injury, but we get to few lake-worthy weekends here, I couldn’t see wasting one of them because of a bit of pain. This morning it looks like someone wedged a grapefruit between my leg and foot. I can barely put pressure on it and I’m giving serious consideration to breaking out my crutches again for a day or two.

The really cool thing here? I didn’t have to fly to New Orleans this morning. Having said that, I’m flying back down there this Friday. This time, I’m taking my wife and we are going to Heather Graham’s Writer’s Workshop, where I’ve been asked to sit on a panel and I’m doing a book signing there on Sunday. A far cry from working eighteen to twenty hour days.

I should be able to get back to a more reasonable schedule after Labor Day and of course, get back to blogging on a regular basis at the same time.

So, what have you been up to while I was out and about?

10 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

JAMES!!!!! I MISSED you. Glad you're back, kinda. Sorry about the ankle.

I kept checking everyday, just SURE you'd return to blogging. And voila!

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Mona said...

O dear, just reading that makes me feel Dizzy! ( which used to be my nickname a long time ago)!

I am sorry about the ankle, watch out for not being careful or you might worsen it! The only remedy for foot injury is rest!

Belated Happy birthday to Ty!

Signing books! You will be signing books!! ( HUGE SIGH!) I wish I could get one of your books signed by you!

What I have been up to? Many a things including combating a flood! Yes we had flood in Agra recently!

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Phew! Did you take time to breathe??? Sorry about the ankle James.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger ciara said...

jeez, that was smart...keep going on a sprained ankle so it can swell to the size of a grapefruit. but then, you are a MAN after all (won't explain that one hehehe) LOL

glad that you could finally come up for air and let us know what you've been up to. always good to be busy, but then, it's always good to relax, too. :)

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger lime said...

good gravy! the sprained ankle sounds horrid. the crutches sound like a good idea. also once you are about 4 days post sprain do some contrast therapy. that's what i was told to do after a wicked sprain. get two buckets. fill one with ice and then water. fill the other one with warm water. plunge your foot into the bucket of ice and keep it there about 10 minutes (make sure to either censor yourself or clear people out of the room until numbness sets in, lol) then 15 minutes in the warm water. switch back and forth 3 times. do it every day. it really does help. but would ya go easy on yourself already?

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

Well, I hope the ankle gets better and soon so you can get back at it.

I love Heather Graham's books. I have a bunch of them. Hope you and Mrs. G have a great time.

Happy Belated Birthday to Ty!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Mona said...

hehehe....@Breazy says : " I hope you & Mrs. G have a great time " :D :D

I heard Galen say that his wife has also gone out of town :D this is what makes that statement so funny! ( sorry Galen & James & Mrs. G couldn't resist commenting upon a comment! :D it is 'accidentally' funny:D )

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, thanks, Kelly. I missed you all too. :D

I'll take it as easy as I can, Mona. :D Thanks for the birthday wishes for my son. Oh, wow!!!! I hope you were able to weather the floods without any damage.

lol, AK, I did, but just barely. :D

lol, Ciara. Yeah, but it was on a kneeboard, so I figured it would exasperate my ankle injury. It appears I was wrong. :D

Oh, thanks for the tip, Lime. I may just have to give that a go. :D

Thanks, Breazy. I'm sure it will be a blast. :D

Lol, Mona. Yeah, I can see where that might be confusing. :D

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Wow! You have been busy.

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, yes I have. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.