Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, August 04, 2008

Weekend Recap

Thursday was a wild day for me. I was supposed to catch an early flight out of New Orleans, have a brief layover in Dallas and arrive home before lunch. The airline was kind enough to call me at two that morning to tell me they cancelled my flight. Their suggestion was to put me on another flight that would have me home Friday morning. I called BS and insisted they get me home on Thursday as I had a very important meeting to attend. They said, “Oh, well we can re-route you through Chicago O’Hare and have you home by four in the afternoon.” That would still work for me, so I accepted.

When I arrived at O’Hare…it started to rain. They moved my gate three times, delaying the departure of my flight with each and they eventually cancelled it. No worries, they could have me back on the first flight out on Friday morning. Well, I wasn’t happy to say the least, so I got on the phone to see what I could find. What I found was that all flights out of O’Hare had been cancelled for the rest of the evening.

I made a couple of other calls and found out that Chicago Midway still had flights leaving and yes, Virginia they had one that would take me to Tulsa, though I had to have another brief layover in Kansas City. I made the reservation as I made my way out of the airport and down to the taxi stand. An hour and a half cab ride later, I was standing at my gate and secure in the knowledge, that I’d be home by seven, still plenty early enough to do what I needed to that evening.

We boarded the plane and promptly…sat there on the tarmac for over an hour. When we finally took to the air, I let out a sigh of relief and prayed we made it out of KC without any further delays. The prayers fell on deaf ears, we had another hold up there as well.

At last, I arrived in Tulsa at nine that night and I made a mad dash for the car and joined my wife just in time to hear the last few songs of a limited engagement event, I’d had set up. The Romantics played in Tulsa earlier that night, but I got us invited to a special show for less than fifty people that started at nine. We didn’t get to see the whole show, but it was still pretty cool.

Other than that, I spent most of the weekend… working. Yuk! Oh, well, sometimes you’re the bug and sometimes you’re the windshield.

So, what have you been up to?

6 Comments:

At 6:41 AM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

Yatzee! *snort* If I played it....

I so don't envy your job. I'm glad you got home to enjoy the evening with your wife though. You seem to hold frustration very well, very calmly.

Here's to a better week.

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger lime said...

gees, it sounds almost like a planes, trains, and automobiles sort of way to get home. glad you made it for most of the concert though.

my oldest limelet came home from nawlins yesterday and her father in en route. pretty soon i'll have a full house again.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Glad you got home eventually and at least saw some of the show.

I hate flight delays, it's so annoying.

What have I been doing? Washing, washing and more washing after our recent holiday. :(

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Mona said...

Some days are just like that! I had a terrible day two days ago when everything seemed to go wrong! I was cheated by a shopkeeper, The ATM machine spewed out fake currency at me, and I lost the car keys on the road!
The only thing I 'Got' was a stomach ache!

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger ciara said...

i'm happy for kelly, really i am...but ummm "I" was sposed to win. i'm not bitter. really. LOL jk

ugh o'hare! never had to fly there yet, but i heard it's one of the worst right now. hey, some of the show is better than none of the show. :)

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

I hate flying. It is always a hassle. I am glad you got to see the Romantics though. That had to be cool.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.