Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend Recap

Well, last week should mark the end of an insane schedule. I worked sixteen and seventeen hour days through most of it, but we made a great deal of progress. The lack of sleep definitely took its toll on me though. I felt like a zombie by Friday.

We spent all day Saturday at the lake. The water was pretty choppy, but I still managed to get about 8 good runs in on the wakeboard and I was introduced to knee boarding as well. Popped up on the board my first try and by my second, I was attempting 360s. It was a blast.

Between the marathon work week and the water play, by Sunday I truly was exhausted. I intended to head back to the lake, but I wound up spending most of it in a prone position on the couch. I guess my body just said enough.

I did manage to find time to do my final edit on the Galley for Drums of the Nunne’hi. I look for it to be released soon.

Drums of the Nunne’ hi




Here is a blurb:

Carl and Nancy are a couple of teenagers who fell for each other during their final year at school. Unfortunately, they come from different worlds. The people of Castleton were taught from an early age that they should steer clear of the kids from the reservation, but the animosity flows both ways, as Carl’s mother is heartbroken to learn that her only son has strayed from his people. What happens next will awaken an ancient power thought long gone from the world of man. The pounding of the drums may mark their coming, but it’s the screams that will let you know they have arrived.




A small community in Southern Oklahoma is rocked by a savage murder and the disappearance of six seniors at Castleton High School. Only a few members of a tribe that lives on the Red River Reservation know what really happened that night. A group of spirit warriors known as the Nunne’hi has avenged the death of Carl Redoak, putting a new twist on an old-fashioned ghost story. The bodies of the missing boys slowly turn up in pieces. Tensions rise between the Res and their neighbors in Castleton as the accusations fly. When the truth is revealed, will anyone believe it?



I’ll let you know when it is released.

This week should be more of a reasonable pace. I have to go to Ponca City again tomorrow, but other than that, I’m working from home for the rest of the week.

Wednesday is my mother’s birthday, so I’ll sneak off for a bit to take her out to lunch. It’s become a bit of a tradition and with all the travel I’ve been doing lately, I had feared I might have to miss it this year.

So, what have you been up to?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Blogger Anny Cook said...

Oooooh. That book sounds EXCELLENT! Good blurb.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Mona said...

eeeessshhhh!

Now I know where ALL the ghosts of the US reside!!

Oklahoma!

I'm never going to Oklahoma! :D

That is wonderful news James. I wish you all the luck, although I'm confident about your success!
All your hard work will pay dividends I'm sure :)

& Happy Birthday to James's Mom! She must be so proud!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

Sigh.... If I had an OUNCE of your talent, James, maybe I WOULD be wealthy and eating caviar. Oh wait... ;)

I love the cover too. I think your weekends are a lot more fun than mine.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger lime said...

wow, no wonder you were prone on sunday! that would do it. glad to hear the grueling pace should ease up now.

my weekend was spent getting ready to do a boatload of crafts at VBS. and my middle child came home from camp. was good to have her back.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Indian story! Great idea. *And people it is okay to say Indian in Oklahoma. Don't know why the rules are that way but they are. LOL*

I have no idea how you work that much and have as much fun as you do.

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

Thanks, Anny. This is my first YA attempt and I'm a bit nervous about how it will be received...

lol, Mona. That is why I moved here. I like ghosts. :D Thank you so much for the kind words.

Oh, Kelly. Don't sell yourself short. I think you have as much talent if not more than me. Just look at how well your books are doing. :D

lol, yeah, Lime I didn't have much choice but to be prone. :D Ah, the return of MC would make for a lovely weekend all in itself. :D

lol, Carrie. It's a juggling act, but if I can't play hard, what's the use of working so hard? :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.