Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Weekend Recap

Ah… I finally found some free time to sit down and punch out a weekend update. We spent some time out at Rocklahoma but managed to not be there when the big storms hit and caused two stages to collapse.

I met a couple of band members from Deathriders on the plane ride home from New Orleans. Mike and Dave were great guys and we wound up spending a good deal of time with them on Friday on the concert grounds. They weren’t scheduled to play until Saturday, so I missed actually getting to see them play. I just hope they weren’t caught up in all the carnage of the unusually vicious storm (well, unusual for July anyway). They tour often and I’m almost positive I will get another chance to see them perform.

Thankfully the evening of the storm, we had gone to my SILs house for a cookout and a friendly volleyball tournament. Not to be daunted by a bit of wet stuff, once the lightning passed, we mustered for said volleyball game… in the mud. It was a hoot with much slipping, sliding and general chaos. My team still managed to annihilate the other team by a good sixteen points though.

Sunday we were all set to go to the lake for day of wakeboarding, but a series of misfortunate events kept us from ever making to the water. I’m not going to get into what all happened here, but let’s just say I’ve had more relaxing Sundays.

Monday I was busier than a one-armed paper hanger. I had a site visit to work out the details of a new project, some modifications requested to one of the projects I have nearly completed, and all the while trying to get a good handle on the project I inherited in New Orleans.

I finally wrapped up (or at least decided to throw in the towel for the day) about six O’clock and sat down to catch up on my blog reading when BOOM… the power went out. Oh, joy!

Now, I’m sitting here waiting a couple of phone calls that will tell me whether I will spend the rest of the week in Denver or New Orleans. Either way, it looks like I’m on the road again. It’s all good as long as they get me back into to feed my wakeboarding addiction.

So, what have you been up to?

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger G-Man said...

Life is tough...Denver or Nawlens!
Have fun James....G

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger lime said...

egads, when it rains it pours doesn't it?

i had a nice pace this past weekend and this week i am down to just one limelet and me since 2 of my family are still in lousisana and another one went off to camp. it's a very strange sort of situation.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Anny Cook said...

Wow! No wonder we didn't hear from you. Hope everything is better now! Cleaning the apartment as my daughter and family are descending on us this weekend. Ah, grandkids...

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Mona said...

What is this I hear?? You went about romping in MUD?

OMG! I envy you! Mud clay etc. are my most favorite things in the whole world!

I drove with my son to visit my mom who will be leaving for Canada next week or so.

Also attended a wedding there & got soaked in a downpour and there are chills threatening me now of an onslaught of pointy ,needley, microscopic monsters Viralocious that are about to unleash a reign of terror in masses of my cells, just to reach my mitochondria and feed themselves on the energy that I stored in me from all that feasting.The thought of quaking that is about to ensue from such wear & tear has me quaking in my shoes...er...bare feet actually...

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Phew, you have been busy.

I've been busy too - getting sorted for our trip to Greece on Thursday morning. :)

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

You just never slow down!

Nothing special going on in Punta Gorda. We're getting a lot of rain here. More than usual for this time of year. Been doing a lot of shopping. Eating out a lot. Getting fat! Sitting by the pool when the sun shines. What a life!

Take care. Donnetta

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Man you have been busy!

I have been wanting to go to Rocklahoma but I just don't think I could handle the heat.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.