Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, July 07, 2008

Still Alive

Long time no see. Where’ve you all been? Me? I’ve been playing hard and living large. We had an excellent holiday weekend. There was much wakeboarding, fishing, hanging out and just generally enjoying ourselves.

I’m sitting in a hotel in Nahlens, but I’m too tuckered out from the weekend to go out and do anything. So, I thought I post a bit to my much neglected blog and try to do a little catch up on all of the posts I’ve missed while I succumbed to summer’s call to be outdoors.

I received my first review of Esprit de Corps today. Very exciting. The entire anthology received top honors from the review site and the reviewer had very kind words to say about my story as well. You can read the entire review of HERE. Feel free to show some love (code for leave a comment) and be sure to check out what is said about the rest of the stories while you’re there.

I hope this week will provide ample opportunity for me to get back into the swing of things in cyberspace, but I suppose only time will tell. I’ve truly missed keeping up with all of my favorite blogs, but when I’m not busting my hump for work, I’m either on the bike or on the water, neither of which is a friendly environment for my laptop, so my attendance has suffered. Oddly enough, I’ve still managed to enjoy myself despite the inability to feed my favorite addiction.

So, what have you been up to while I was away?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Blogger G-Man said...

Cafe du Monde...Beignets and Chickory Coffee.
Hurricaines at Pat O'Briens
The Court of Two Sisters..
Banana's Foster
Shrimp Po Boy's
Mud Puppies
Gumbo
God I love Nawlens...Have fun

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Anny Cook said...

Glad to see that you're still kicking. Me? Not doing much. Received a contract offer for the latest book. Started another one. Listened to people setting off firecrackers. QUIET weekend.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

It was fun, Galen. But they still have a long way to go to get back to their former glory.

Congrats on the contract, Anny. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.