Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Poetry in Motion

Fear not, I’m still around, just really busy with the day job. Rather than bore you with shop talk (as most of every thing I’m doing right now revolves around work), I thought I’d offer up some poetry. Enjoy!

I hope to be back to normal blogging activities soon…

The Power Within

My arm grows tense with anticipation
Your eyes grow wide with the realization
The light on my blade, cold and pale
The fire in my eyes, a reflection of hell

I whisper its time to face your sins
You cringe at my smile as the knife slides in
Your blood burns hot as it splashes my face
My heart skips a beat as it quickens its pace

You start to twitch, shiver and shake
I wait in patience for the last breath you’ll take
My ecstasy soars straight for the sky
My power is building as your body slowly dies

Thank you my friend, your help was divine
Transferring the power, from your soul to mine

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Blogger Mona said...

Yahtzee!

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Mona said...

Ah! now isn't that about what I'm working at right now? !

James I am working at the article right now & it seems to never end. But that usually happens when I work longhand :D

I am not publishing any post on my blog till I finish this; I always try to honor my promises, even if they are flecked by a little delay...

Have a good day! :)

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

Wow, James. You really ought to try your hand at writing or something. ;) I know I've said it before but GEEEZZZZ.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger lime said...

and a shiver goes right up my spine even on such a hot summer day.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger ciara said...

well this was definitely NO hearts & flowers kind of poetry lol whew! sometimes i wonder about you, james LOL despite it's lovely theme, i rather enjoyed it.

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger G-Man said...

A little more than 55 words Goodwin, but I'll let it slide this week...
Kidding of course...Wonderful poetry, thank you so much for sharing with us...Galen

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Anny Cook said...

Woooow. Excellent poetry.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.