Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

On the Go

Get your motor running. Head out on the Highway. Looking for adventure or whatever comes my way…

Sorry for my extended absence, folks. Between work and play, I haven’t been indoors very much at all since Friday afternoon. Oddly enough, I’m alright with that.

I had to meet a client in Ponca City yesterday morning, which is about 150 miles away. I rode my motorcycle and it was a glorious trip. The wind in my hair, the sun on my face, long stretches of open road, and good tunes blaring in my ear, what a way to start the day. I even managed to watch the sunrise in my rearview mirror.

The client was surprisingly excited about seeing a burly biker pull into their driveway. There were many ohs and ahs as my chrome beast was inspected.

Monday, I was home, but I too much work to even think about writing a post. I’m in the midst of wrapping up one project and coming up to speed on one that was dumped in my lap.

I’m making big plans for the weekend, most of which revolve around finding some tasty wake and chewing it up with my board. There are several cookouts on tap as well. It should be a swell time.

Other than that, I’ve also been working on my TBR pile. I’ve devoured three books since the last time I posted a review. Is it just me or does reading with sunlight soaking into a page beat the hell out of reading by fluorescents any day? I’ll try to get the reviews coming in as soon as I can replant myself in this chair long enough to get it done.

I fly back to New Orleans on Monday. While I’m there, I have to slip over to Baton Rouge for a meeting with another client and I also will make a site visit for a new project we’re bidding in Geismer.

I fly back on Thursday and then I have to get ready for the 80s lovefest that is Rocklahoma. I’ll give you more details on that as we draw closer or maybe I’ll just wait until after so I can add some pictures. I haven’t decided yet.

And now I must get back to it. Idle hands and all that…

8 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger Mona said...

I am procrastinating...so I'll yahtzee you next week perhaps...

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger snowelf said...

Goodness James, you have been busy!!
I'm glad you're having a blast though. :)

My chilis both LOVE bikes--and I don't mind them either. They are in total abundance here as well. I'm surprised a place so cold has so many bikers!! ;)

Wishing you safe trips and take care :)

--snow

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger G-Man said...

Mona.....
Hehehehehe

Have some Gumbo for me brother...G

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Anny Cook said...

Well, in all your zooming around have a wonderful weekend, James! I shall be catching up on paperwork, making potato salad, and um, brisket (indoors, but hey! brisket is brisket!)

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

Hope you have a great time this weekend and make sure you are getting plenty of rest during your travels.

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Mona said...

Happy 4th James :)

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

You are ALWAYS busy! What in the wold is Rocklahoma?

I'm slow. Working on my Friday 55.

See ya and happy 4th! Donnetta

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

lol, works for me, Mona. :D

Thanks, Snowelf. Right on, I'm glad to hear your kids love bikes, maybe you have some future bikers there? "D

Did that a couple of times, G-man. :D

Oh yum, I love a good brisket, Anny. :D

I'll rest in the fall, Breazy. lol. :D

Thanks, Mona. :D

Thanks, Donnetta. Rocklahoma is a ginormous concert in Prior where they have four days of all of the big "Hair Bands" from the 80s. Bands like, Cinderella, Winger, Skid Row, Poison, Lita Ford etc...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.