Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Music Meme

Before I take you to the meat of this post, I wanted to let you know that Drums of the Nunne’hi is officially available for purchase and it will cost you a whopping $4.50 to get a copy of the e-book. Quite affordable, no? Thank you in advance for you support.

And now for something completely different…

Music Meme

I stole this meme from Carrie

Here are the rules:
Step 1: Put your iTunes or equivalent on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 20 (or so) songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3: Bold the song (and the artist in the artist list) when someone guesses correctly.
Step 4: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING! And don't forget...when using the shuffle, artists can be repeated.

1. You love the people that love you.
You hear the music they move to.
You give your ode to the fall through.
But you don't know you don't know you don't know you don't know

2. I've just had the craziest week,
Like a party bag of lies, booze and then deceit.
And I don't know why I want to voice this out loud,
It's theraputic somehow

3. The flyweight champion of the world
Time has come
hey girl

Take it to the back of the club hey woman
don't take it the wrong way
I've been checking that ass
and if you give me the chance
I ain't gon' play

4. See me drivin down the street,
I'm bored with looking good.
I got both hands off the wheel,
The cops are coming.
I'm listening to the music with no fear,
You can hear it too if your sincere...

5. I've seen it with my own eyes
How we're gettin' otherwise
Without the luxury of leavin'
The touch and feeling of breath
And times you're both technically
Something you've got to believe in
Connect the cause and effect
One foot in front of the next
This is the start of a journey.
And my rhyme is already gone
Somehow this doesn't concern me.

6. Dig if u will the picture
Of u and I engaged in a kiss
The sweat of your body covers me
Can u my darling
Can u picture this? Ciara's heard When Doves Cry by Prince


7. Out on the streets, that's where we'll meet
You make the night, I always cross the line
Tightened our belts, abuse ourselves
Get in our way, we'll put you on your shelf
Another day, some other way
We're gonna go, but then we'll see you again
I've had enough, we've had enough
Cold in vain, she said Breazy's went Round and Round with Ratt


8. Load up the drugs we'll let the demons come in
Bring all the kids they won't know where to begin
Shoot 'em a line they'll lock you up in the pen
If you're rating my life give it ten

9. Welcome to the jungle
We got fun 'n' games
We got everything you want
Honey we know the names
We are the people that can find
Whatever you may need
If you got the money honey
We got your disease Ciara has rocked out to Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N Roses


10. Eri bellissima lasciatelo dire
E anche stavolta so che non mi crederai
Eri davanti a me davanti agli occhi del bambino
E gli occhi del bambino quelli non li danno proprio indietro mai
Credimi: mai
Ti dico. Mai Concetta has chastized me for not telling everyone that she guessed Eri Bellissima by Ligabue. She emailed me the answer, but I didn't post it, because quite frankly, she didn't leave a comment, lol


11. Picture yourself in the living room
your pipe and slippers set out for you
I know you think that it ain’t too far
But I hear the call of a lifetime ring
felt the need to get up for it
oh you cut out the middleman
get free from the middleman
12. Youve got a great car,
Yeah, whats wrong with it today?
I used to have one too,
Maybe youll come and have a look.
I really love your hairdo,yeah,
Im glad you like my do,
See were looking pretty cool, getcha.

13. Here come the woman
With the look in her eye
Raised on leather
With flesh on her mind
Words as weapons sharper than knives
Makes you wonder how the other half die
Other half die
Here come the man
With the look in his eye
Fed on nothing
But full of pride
Look at them go
Look at them kick
Makes you wonder how the other half live Carrie's confronted The Devil Inside by INXS


14. I'm a sailor peg
And I've lost my leg
Climbing up the top sails
I lost my leg!

15. Hangin' round downtown by myself
And I had so much time
To sit and think about myself
And then there she was
Like double cherry pie
Yeah there she was
Like disco superfly
I smell sex and candy here
Who's that lounging in my chair
Who's that casting devious stares
In my direction
Mama this surely is a dream Breazy's been seduced by Sex and Candy with Marcy's Playground.


16. You see your reflection
As it crosses the line
You meet someone new
For the hundred thousand millionth time

17. cold cooling at a ball
looking for some action
but like Mick Jagger said
I can't get no satisfaction
the girls are all around
but none of them wanna get with me
my threads are fresh and I'm looking def
yo wassup with the l o c
the girls are all jocking
at the other end of the bar
having drinks with some no name chump
when they know that I'm the star Breazy's heard of Funky Cold Medina by Tone LOC


18. I hold on so nervously
To me and my drink
I wish it was cooling me
But so far, has not been good
It’s been shitty
And I feel awkward, as I should
This club has got to be
The most pretentious thing
Since I thought you and me
Well I am imagining
A dark lit place
Or your place or my place Carrie has rocked out to Paralyzer by Finger Eleven


19. How I wish you could see the potential, the potential of you and me
It's like a book elegantly bound, but in a language that you can't read - just yet
You gotta spend some time--love, you gotta spend some time with me

20. I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand
Walking through the streets of Soho in the rain
He was looking for a place called Lee Ho Fook's
Going to get himself a big dish of beef chow mein Lime has ran with The Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At 4:24 AM, Blogger G-Man said...

This would have taken me 3 days!
Interesting tunes....
Think about your 55....G

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Mona said...

LOL! The First lines put together DO make a very interesting song!! :D :D

Are you sure you did not cheat on this one ;) ? :D

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Mona said...

I'll tell my mom to get all your books for me. ( She is gone a visiting my sister to LA( I hope they are available there)) If not, please do tell me how she should go about purchasing them! Can my sister buy them online?

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

lol, g-man. It took me longer than I expected as well. :D


lol, that they do, Mona. Oh, I had to look up the first lines for nearly every song, they trick is... can you tell me the name of the songs? :D

Ah, the only one in print right now is The Dance. I don't think any of the chain bookstores are carrying it yet, so the best place to buy it is on Amazon.com the link is here: http://www.amazon.com/Dance-J-Goodman/dp/097979465X/ref=sr_11_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1206647753&sr=11-1

All of the other books are still in e-book format. I believe Pixels and Pain will be the next to go to print, but that won't be until September...

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

I don't know any but one of those. Yet 14 sounds hysterical!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger ciara said...

i only know 6 & 9...prince's when doves cry and guns & roses welcome to the jungle...the rest i'm staring at and saying, 'what the freaky fooker'? LOL

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

lol, Kelly. It is an awesome song. When I post the results, you'll have to check into it. :D

Nicely done, Ciara. Yeah, the shuffle tossed up some of the more obscure offerings in my list. :D

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

#7 Round and Round by Ratt (this one really took me back because they were one of my favorite groups way back when)

#9 Welcome to the Jungle by Guns-N-Roses

#15 Sex and Candy by Marcy Playground

#17 Funky Cold Medina by Tone Loc (I love Tone Loc)

Hope you are having a great day and as you know I will be purchasing my e-copy of Drums of the Nunne'hi later today!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

Nicely done, Breazy, but Ciara beat you to #9. :D

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger ciara said...

damn it! i knew i would know these songs once someone mentioned the titles LOL i'm still at a loss for the others. hey, at least breazy got two of what i would call the 'harder' ones lol

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Sorry I wasn't here earlier but I saw it on my Google Reader. I just wanted to come home and look 'em over. LOL

13. Devil Inside from INXS (Dude you are pulling out some old stuff. Thanks for reminding me of the older stuff.)

18. Paralyzer is it Finger Eleven or something like that. One of my Vegas girls got me on this song.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

lol, Ciara. There are probably at least a couple of more that will come to mind, like maybe #20. :D

Nicely done, Carrie. I love the Paralyzer song. :D

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous the blogger formally known as snavy said...

I've been turning my ipod to shuffle and stringing the song titles into stories.

Yes, I am weird.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger lime said...

well everybody else got the lyrics i knew. can't believe i got here too late to claim prince! well that's ok, i will lay claim to #20 warren zevon's werewolves in london.

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Mona said...

I wonder where this will lead to..

I have never heard any of those songs, but in India we only get a limited variety to hear from....

Thanks for the Link!

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

lol, that's not weird, Snavy. It sounds like something I would do. :D

lol, Lime yep... Prince left the party early, nicely done on the werewolves though. :D

Ah, that stinks, Mona. I think the world should have instant access to any and all music they find enjoyable. :D

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger James Goodman, Novelist said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger ciara said...

dang it! even more i know now that someone mentioned the titles. and @#20? good job, lime. crap...i didn't get that one. sorry i beat you to prince, but that's my homey LOL jk

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.