Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday 55

Welcome to Friday 55. The object of the game is to write a story using exactly 55 words. If you participate, be sure to drop a comment at G-Man’s blog so others will know how to find your story.



Fame, fortune, crowds screaming your name, a sea of smiles, thousands of tender moments experience by the stroke of a single touch, orgasmic bliss with a wave of your hand, every pleasure known to man, immortality, youth and invincibility, all of this can be yours, if you but sign your name on the dotted line.

Well, that deal may be a bit expensive, but I have another one for you. Would you like to win a free copy (e-book) of Pixels and Pain?

All you have to do is list three titles of books I’ve written (and had published). Not so hard, right? You can find all of them here or if you’re not careful, you might just stumble across them somewhere on this page…

Drop your entries in my comments or shoot me an email at jgoodman @ goodysworld.com. I’ll leave the contest open until 11:59 PM (CST) Wednesday and announce the winner on Friday. Good luck!

Pixels and Pain






Here is a blurb:


Explore the dangerous domain of a madman…


Johnny Walker is a FBI agent on a personal crusade to catch a killer. One year ago, his little sister was brutally murdered and the police still don’t have a suspect.


Mary Marshall founded a watchdog group to rid the world of online predators after her sister fell victim to a charismatic stranger she met on the popular networking website, HiyaSpace.


As the similarities surrounding their losses draw these two together, they soon embark on a desperate quest for answers—a quest wrought with peril, betrayal, and unimaginable horror.


In a virtual world where everyone’s a friend, and everyone’s a suspect, will Johnny and Mary be able to track down and stop an internet serial killer whose unspeakable deeds threaten to destroy them all?


Or will these two hunters become the prey, unable to escape the web of Pixels and Pain?




Be sure to check out my post over at Oh, Get a Grip!. This week we are discussing our writing process and I’ve even offered up a complete short story for your reading pleasure (or pain if you don’t enjoy it, lol).

Labels: , , ,

25 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger Mona said...

Yahtzeeeeee!!!

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Mona said...

1. The Writing on the Wall
2. The Dance
3.Drums of the Nunne 'Hi

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Mona said...

Please consider my last comment as My participation in the Contest!

Yaaayyy! For the contest!


Yes James, Fame Fortune, Sea Of smiles and Flood of your name calling ( Not THAT name calling, But the one in good sense :D) can all be yours.

So Are you ready yo Jump?

I know you are more than ready!!

Good Luck to you! :) :)

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

Aw, thanks, Mona. and you're officially in the contest. :D

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Mona said...

James I serious Know that you are ready. In fact , I found that your books ( as many as i have read) have a special Quality about them that could be considered as "Jamesion" ( consider it a compliment to become an Adjective :))

Your books can be marked for study in the curriculum of the Academic Field! You should try getting them to that sphere or plane. Get them across to Oxford & Cambridge if possible, Or to Harvard, if there is an Arts & literature section there!

I found the following elements that could be studied in your one book The Dance:
1. Allegorical Content
2. Symbolism
3. Autobiographical Element
4. Thematic concept, the book as a harbinger of Global Fate from the point of view of syllogism.( A Universal Element)
5. A study into contemporary American Life, its pros and cons and remedies ( Local Element of American literature)
6.Plot Structure , Technique and Craftsmanship.

To put it precisely, one could write a book on your book!

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Novelist said...

I really appreciate that, Mona. I would be on cloud nine if my book made it into acedemic circles. :D

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger anny cook said...

Excellent Friday 55. Your blog on the Grip was excellent, too. Scary, but damn if you didn't draw me in. Have a great weekend.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

Oh, I think I have signed on that dotted line more than once. Darn it. You'd think once bitten, twice shy!

Looks like maybe Mona has already won!

My 55 is up, too.

Donnetta

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

1. Pixels and Pain
2. The Dance
3. The Writing on the Wall

I'm so entering this. ;)

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Mona said...

Ok one more

#7. The significance of the title!

Now it makes seven concepts, it just might prove lucky for you! ( seven being a lucky number!

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger jillie said...

Ok...I started to write something and **poof** it was gone. UGH! I think my computer is on overdrive. Trying to catch up here on email and blogs. Yeah, I know, I'm a slacker....lol!!

Hope you're having a great summer and just wanted to drop on by to say hello ;o)

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Queenie said...

Superb 55, OK I except Monas won (she is one bright lady, don't you just love her though?). Thanks for the visit, so glad you came, cos this is one fabulous blog. I will be back...

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger ciara said...

1. The Writing on the Wall
2. The Dance
3. Drums of the Nunne 'Hi

I'm gonna go with the same answers as Mona for the contest. LOL :)

anyways, great 55. it conjures up all kinds of things for me.

p.s. of course YOU'RE the only male that's not an asshat LOL

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger James Goodman, Novelist said...

Ok, a quick note to mention that, though Mona is indeed brillant and has analyzed The Dance to the point she has managed to catch and elaborate on all of my hidden messages, the contest is completely impartial and only requires a submission of titles, which our lovely Mona has already provided.


So, if you want to be in the running for the contest, just list the titles, the winner will be selected randomly. :D

I appreciate the kind words, Anny. I'm glad my little story was able to draw you in. :D

Lol, we seldom learn from mistakes that prove fruitful, Donnetta. I'll be sure to check yours out. :D

You're in the drawing, Kelly. :D

Ah, Mona... I think you for adding the final. Seven is a significant number in the sprawled all-encompansing belief that serves as my religion, lol. :D

Ah, Jillie, I'm so glad you stopped by, it's been so long since you posted, I'd feared for your general wellbeing. I hope all is going outstanding for you. And please et us know that nothing is amiss next time you take an extend leave of absence. :D

Thanks, Queenie, do return. I offer a wide variety of information and entertainment here. I hope you will find my humble offerings worth a routine visit. :D

You're in, Ciara. YAY!!! You mark number 20 from my combined blogs. Congrats on the milestone. :D and thank you for not considering me an asshat, lol.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger G-Man said...

Could it be...SATAN????

James, it's truly an honor to know such an AWESOME talent as you.
Thank you so much for playing, and have a have a Great Week-End!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Mona said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger smarmoofus said...

I think those things that are typically offered in such a pact (fame, fortune, etc.) are things that tend to change the person in their pursuit to obtain them, so it's not their eternal soul but their earthly "soul" that is in danger. I can't imagine signing on that dotted line... not that I believe in the devil, mind you, but I can't think of anything that would make me willing to give up me, or my convictions.

Besides, what's the point of playing the game if there's no challenge and you know you're going to "win"?

Great 55, James!
-smarmoofus

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger KB said...

I think the contest has been won but I really enjoyed this 55!

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Novelist said...

Thanks, Galen. you're gonna make me blush, lol.

Excellent observation, Smarmy. If there was no challenge, the reward would soon begin to feel more like a curse. The thrill would be gone...

Hi, KB. The contest is till open, and I'm glad you enjoyed the 55. :D

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Mona said...

Yooo hooo!

Goodman the Novelist!

Where are yooooouuuu!!!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger ciara said...

did i win yet? LOL ; )

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

I just got back off holiday on Thursday so have only just read this James. Are you on holiday now?

Thanks for the comment you left on Sophie's birthday memory, it was much appreciated. x

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Mona said...

Happy Friendship Day James!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Novelist said...

You too, Mona. :D

Sorry everyone for disappearing like, but the winner has finally been announced for the contest.

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Mona said...

Yaaay! for Kelly. She deserves to win!

& Yaaay! for me! I have a Quality Friend! :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.