Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dar-Wednesday

That’s right, it is time for another installment of The Darwin Awards.



An enterprising lumberman had felled a large tree, and needed to haul it up a steep embankment. So he jacked up the rear end of his pickup and swapped one of the rear tires for a bare rim. He attached one end of a rope to the rim, and the other end of the rope to the felled tree. He put the pickup into gear, expecting the rim to act as a makeshift rope crank that would pull the tree up the embankment, saving him lots of sweat.


A great idea? Not if you're reading it here! You see, the tree vastly outweighed the truck. The man was standing with one foot on the ground and the other foot on the accelerator. When he gunned the engine, the tree acted like an anchor, and the truck yanked itself backwards. The open door rammed into him, and he was swept over the embankment along with the pickup.


When the dust settled, our lumberman had entered the great beyond. But his escapade served as a warning to others. The next lumberman cut up the tree where it lay, and carried it off.






Labels:

9 Comments:

At 5:43 AM, Blogger Mona said...

I'm not sure if yahtzee is still alive! But if it is so then

YAHTZEE!!!

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Mona said...

yikes, This is like sitting on the the branch that you are about to saw!

Poor guy...

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

LOL. I've heard this one before. That was a few years ago right?

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

lol, Mona. I think we're still playing Yahtzee, so congrats. :D

and yep, it's a lot like that, lol.

It sure was, Kelly. What a Maroooon, lol.

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

I just don't get people.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

sometimes I wonder how some of these people that we read about in the Darwin's made it as long as they did.

Hope you are having a great week!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

Hi, James! Just got your email about the new book. Many congratulations. I finally started mine and there is an Indian it also. But he is a ghost. I've thought about sending you what I have but don't want to impose!

Oh, my poor trucker. Doesn't know his physics!

Donnetta

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

me neither, Carrie. :D

Exactly, Breazy. It boggles the mind. :D

Thanks, Donnetta. Yours sounds quite intriguing. Normally, I'd say go ahead and send it to me, but it will likely be a couple of weeks before I can slow down long enough to give i the proper attention it deserves. Keep plugging away at it and I can take a look at it when I get the dreaded project for the day job out of my hair. :D

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

Will do. I'm plugging. Or chugging. Take care! Donnetta

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.