Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend Recap

We had a pretty low-key weekend. With all of the rain that’s pounded the area lately, the water level of our lakes are up to high to use any of the docks. So, we Spent most of Saturday traveling from dock to dock and lake to lake in search of a place to drop our boat in.


When we failed miserably, I had to console myself with a nice leisurely bike ride. As I’ve not yet talked myself into adding a side car, I had to do one trip with my son and one with my wife. It was still a great way to enjoy the nice weather.


Sunday morning we caught wind of one dock that was open to the public, so we loaded up the boat and struck out for another grand adventure. Apparently it was not a very well kept secret. The line to the docks was nearly an hour long, but as avid wakeboarders in need of a fix, we waited it out. It was worth the wait.


I’m leaving for New Orleans in about an hour. I’ll only be there for a couple of days, but my internet access might be sketchy for most of the trip. I’ll catch up with everyone when I get back.



So, how was your weekend?

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger lime said...

well, there are certainly worse ways to spend a day than on a bike! glad you finally got in the water though. have a safe trip.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

Enjoy your trip!

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

good to know you got your wake boarding fix. You have a safe trip!

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Patience is a virtue and you got to wakeboarding!

Enjoy your trip, safe journey. :)

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Anny Cook said...

Ah, I had a do-nothing weekend. My big exciting event was watering the tomatoes. Since I live in an apartment without outside water access, that meant multiple trips to the balcony with a pitcher of water. Don't know if I can stand to have that much fun very often.

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

My weekend was LONG and fun and full of lots of beer! When did I become such a man?

What kinda bike do you have?

And I know our lake could use some of your lake water so quit being stingy.

Oh, and your player started playing Johnny Cash when I got here. . . NIIIICE touch!

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger G-Man said...

Your Blog plays music?

Damn I need a new pc!

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

lol, indeed there are, Lime. :D It was almost as enjoyable as flitting across the lake. :D


Kelly, Breazy, AK. Thanks much and I already am. :D

lol, that does sound like quite the adventure, Anny.

lol, Jenn sounds like you need to come hang out with us sometime. :D

I have a schwinn. lol, j/k It is a V-Star 1100 Silverado edition (fully dressed).

Oh, yeah, I love Johnny's covers of some of my favorite rock songs. They are just awesome. :D

Indeed it does, Galen and... indeed you do, lol. :D

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Mona said...

It has been raining cats & dogs here too...& I have had so much travel to do in the last two days that made me dog tired too & they say life is a bitch...

EEKS! I am hallucinating Pets!!

Cya!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.