Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Now That's Just Weird

Weirdly Volume II: Eldritch is a collection of strange tales that will be released on June 24th by Wild Child Publishing.

Here is the blurb:

From paranormal to weird, from chilling to odd to scary, Weirdly Volume 2: Eldritch will sate your lust for strangeness in bite-sized pieces. Each tale weaves its own spell. Vampires, beasts, ghosts, evil creatures and, of course, every day people inhabit Weirdly’s pages.

Soldiers must reach their destination before the undead get to them first... What does the picture on the wall mean to Jen? Fate holds something in store for Lewis—but is it what he wants? Lillie embarks on another quest... Is the young man who sees and hears fluffy beings insane? An old letter urges a young woman to the train station—but is the train that puffs into view real? All these tales and more. Dare you read them?


Esprit de Corps is my contribution to this anthology. It is the story of a group of Army Rangers trying to get out of Al-Rutbah. They aren’t worried about insurgents keeping them from reaching their destination. No, it’s the hordes of zombies they must overcome to make it home.

You may also recognize another familiar name on the cover. Yes, Bernita has the distinct pleasure of having short stories in both volumes of Weirdly. You may also recognize a couple of other familiar names from the cover.

Be sure to pick up a copy next week. This is a collection of stories you don’t want to miss.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

James, I am sooo looking forward to reading your story!

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger lime said...

congrats on the inclusion!

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

Congratulations! You are all over the place with your writing and that is wonderful. I can't wait to read the book because it is right up my alley.

Hope you have a great day!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger G-Man said...

OK James...You've not led me astray yet!
I'll be checkin this one out...G

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Ooh. . . I am just now becoming a fan of zombie movies. I know, I know, I'm a Johnny-Come-Lately, but at least I get there eventually! This sounds pretty interesting. . . Hmm. . .

 
At 3:24 AM, Blogger Mona said...

Hmmm... I am not lusty for the bite sized pieces of strangeness yet...

Right Now I want to eat Fuller's earth in mouthful.. Must search my Drawer for some...I need immediate satiation by mouthfuls!

...& Next to that, Pain & Pixels is what I want to be reading, for reasons known only to me...

 
At 3:49 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

As I am yours, Bernita. :D

Thanks, Lime. :D

lol, yes I am, Breazy. I think you'll really enjoy this antho. :D

Right on, Galen.

Hi, Jenn. Glad to see you back around the ol' blogosphere. :D Yes, the zombie movie is making a wonderful comeback. Have you seen Diary of the Dead yet?

lol, Mona that is an interesting comparison. :D P&P should be coming out any time now. I'll be sure to let you know. :D

Oh, and I'll likely hold a contest to give away free copies of both books.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.