Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Grownup Meme

I found this meme over at Lime’s blog and I just couldn’t resist stealing trying it.



Meant to be completed by those out of high school) Tired of all of those surveys made up by high school kids? 'Have you ever kissed someone?' 'Missed someone?' 'Told someone you loved them?' 'Drank alcohol?' Here are 50 questions for the people who are a little more "mature"...

1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Do taxes count as a bill? I mean that’s still money that will no longer be going to what I want it to. Freakin’ IRS…

2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
The Melting Pot. It is the perfect spot for couples and we like to sneak off for that little treat as often as possible.

3. Last time you puked from drinking?
I’m not sure. It has been years to say the least. I do know that there are several times I probably would’ve felt better the next day if I had done so.

4. When is the last time you got drunk and danced on a bar?
Yeah… don’t really have to be drunk to do that, just hanging out with a rowdy crowd. You know like I did a few weeks ago. Thinking back, that may not have made it into my weekend recap.

5. Name of your first grade teacher?
Mrs. Brotton. It’s odd that I remember that as I went to a different school every year.

6. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Lime’s answer for this one would be very hard to beat, so I’m just going to say wakeboarding.

7. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
Older.

8. How many colleges did you attend?
three to learn, fourteen to party.

9. What made you decide to wear the shirt you have on right now?
It was on the top of the stack in my “relaxed” draw.

10. GAS PRICES?
Suck big green donkey dicks or something a little less crass, like they blow.

11. Where would you move if you could live anywhere?
Atlantis.

12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
Time to make the doughnuts. Then I strapped on my Nike Airs and hit the pavement.

13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
Wow, that was great!

14. Favorite style of underwear?
Boxer-briefs.

15. Favorite style of underwear for the opposite sex?
Removed.

16. What errand/chore do you despise?
Laundry, which I’ve already started for today.

17. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer?
Absolutely. There is no greater reward you can receive than the feeling of pride you get when you help your fellow man.

18. Get up early or sleep in?
Get up early and stay in bed.

19. What is your favorite cartoon character?
Beavis.

22. When did you first start feeling old?
Don’t know… I’ll have to get back to you when it happens.

24. Your favorite lunch meat?
Prosciutto.

27. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
Negahachi, batman! I love being married to my wife. I can’t imagine life being any other way.

29. Favorite guilty pleasure?
Fully loaded Omelets. You know, with two kinds of cheese, tomatoes, onion, bacon, sausage, ham and prosciutto.

31. What's your favorite alcoholic drink?
Tuaca.

32. Cowboys or Indians?
Indians, duh!

33. Cops or Robbers?
Cops.

34. Who from high school would you like to run into?
Stephanie Johnson. She seemed to be having such a rough time when I knew her, I just wonder how she turned out.

35. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
Z104.5

36. Movies or Documentaries?
Movies.

37. The Cosby Show or the Simpsons?
Dexter or Lost, neither of the above choices appeal to me.

38. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
Pleading the 5th.

39. Do you like the person who sits directly across from you at work?
No one sits across from me. I’m a lone wolf.

41. What famous person(s) would you like to have dinner with?
The Dandy Warhols.

42. What famous person would you like to sleep with?
Whoever my wife picks out for me.

43. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
On several occasions actually. And no, I don’t feel the need to elaborate.

44. Last book you read for real?
As opposed to just pretending to read? I’d have to say the one I’m on now. Hard Rain by Barry Eisler.

45. What is the last book you recommended to a friend?
Deep Blue by David Niall Wilson.

46. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
In the hold of a C-130 just an hour before I jumped out of it.

47. Have you ever woke up in a strange place and had no idea how you got there?
Oddly enough, yes, but it has been over a decade since anything like that has happened.

48. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
I’d be a mega-successful writer and that would be my full-time job.

49. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
Huh, that’s a no brainer. The new career.

50. Just how OLD are you?
Old enough to know better, but still too young to care.

Labels:

18 Comments:

At 5:15 AM, Blogger Mona said...

YAHTZEEE!!!

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger Mona said...

There! Take that You!

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Mona said...

James?

What was "wow! that was great!"???

Tell me tell me!

You can whisper it in my ears!

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger Mona said...

I promise i won't tell anyone!

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger Mona said...

did I just write a fourth comment here?

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger Mona said...

er... Fifth...

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Mona said...

GROAN... I'm off before I say sixth...or would that be seventh?

Ok I leave on my lucky number!
Whew!

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

lol, Mona. You've sealed up the top seven. Thanks for the giggle. :D

lol, the answer to yor question is left open to interpretation. :D Any number of things could apply, the end of a book, the end of a remarkable day, but the true answer will only be known to me... and my wife. :D

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger lime said...

dang mona, couldn't ya save me a LITTLE spot up there since he stole the meme from me? lol

glad you approve of my handling of #6.i certainly enjoyed a number of your other responses. good stuff. ;)

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger ciara said...

ha ha i say that minus the 'green', but then i curse like a sailor

#13-i said that last night, too ha ha

lmao @ #15...you dirty, dirty boy! :P~

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

I really liked your answers for the q's. Hope you are having a great day!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Loved your answers James, err I presume the answer on #13 was referring to the day you'd just had? (wink)

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

lol, thanks Lime. I don't thing anyone could top your #6. :D

lol, Ciara. Yes I am. :D

Thanks, Breazy. I hope you are too. :D

lol, indeed it was, AK. :D

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger katydidnot said...

love that you answered "movies" to 36. honesty. aaah.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

lol, it is the best policy. :D

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

Where would you live?-Atlantis.

That's my favorite. Can my family be neighbors with yours?

Donnetta

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger David Niall Wilson said...

Hey James! Thanks for the recommendation on Deep Blue...good way to wake up in the morning...now I might have to do this thing...but...FIFTY QUESTION? Yikes.

David

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

lol, of course you can, Donnetta. :D

Hey Dave, No problems on the reco. Yep, it's a bit longer than the usual meme, but it only took me a couple of days to fill it all in, lol.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.