Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday 55

Welcome to Friday 55. The object of the game is to write a story using exactly 55 words. If you participate, be sure to drop a comment at G-Man’s blog so others will know how to find your story.



As I knelt before the cool blue waters, with my hand extended, I caught the image of my face staring back at me. My attention came to rest upon my eyes. It was then I realized that just as the pond held a reflection of my face, my eyes held a reflection of my soul.

I now have the Friday position over at Oh, Get a Grip!. This week we are discussing weddings as it is the most popular time of year for such.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Blogger Mona said...

Yahtzee!

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Mona said...

O James... That was so beautiful!

I LOVE that scene!

Our eyes are really the mirror of our soul...I realized that when I had an artist draw a portrait of me in New York.
When I looked at the finished work,it was quite a shock to see how he had captured my feelings at that time in the eyes.
It was truly amazing!

You have done a marvelous job here!

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger smarmoofus said...

Mona's absolutely (why did I just type absolution?) correct... marvelous job! I think I'd better avoid eye contact for a while. Great 55.

-smarmoofus

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger lime said...

stopped me in my tracks, james. those moments really are profound and you've truly captured it. i hope the reflection is never troublesome.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Oh fabulous James. The saying "the eyes are a window to the soul" is so true.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

Seriously James, when you die, donate your brain to science so you can be studied. I'd love to crawl around in your head for a day. You fascinate me.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger G-Man said...

Damn James, That one ran shivers up my spine!
Hardly a humble offering, We are all quite fortunate to have you in our circle of friends...
Thank You so very much...Galen

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger ciara said...

what more could i possibly say that others haven't already? great 55! :)

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

Great 55 James, your always are good!

How is the new boat? Hopefully you are out on the lake in the new boat this weekend, if so have fun!

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

Thank you everyone for your kind words, sorry it's taking me so long to respond, but I've not been in front of the PC very much at all since I posted this. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.