Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday 55

Welcome to Friday 55. The object of the game is to write a story using exactly 55 words. If you participate, be sure to drop a comment at G-Man’s blog so others will know how to find your story.

Waves lap at my face. Gripping a padded handle, I give the signal. My knees draw to my chest. I spring from the water. My board planes out. The wake swells before me. Nearing the edge, I push out as I pass the crest, launching myself in the air. I can fly... for several seconds.

Ah, yes… wakeboard season is in full swing. I’ll be sparse for the most of the weekend as I gallivant around the lake, shredding waves behind my new boat. Life is good…

I now have the Friday position over at Oh, Get a Grip!. This week we are discussing vacations, past and present.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger smarmoofus said...

I went out to the lake while the group water-skied, but due to my "anchor" status, and my unwillingness to do things that would get water up my nose, I have not tried it myself. Nor wakeboarding. But it does look quite fun. An exciting 55, definitely. (Yahtzee?)

-smarmoofus

 
At 6:48 AM, Anonymous acey said...

happy wakeboarding season over your side of the world, mr. goodman! ^_^

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger lime said...

sounds like so much fun! have a great time!

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

You caught the moment in 55 words!

Happy wakeboarding.

Mine's up too.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger ciara said...

i don't swim very well, so i'm not near water often LOL but i can tell by the 55 that you mucho likey wakeboarding! :) great 55.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

that is a great 55 and a great plan for the weekend as well.

Have fun in your new toy!

I have a post up today introducing a new blogger (my 12 yr old daughter). She became very interested in blogging after she saw me reading your blog yesterday and she found out that you are an author, she really likes the type of books you write. For her first post she done a book review on a series that she just finished.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

Sounds like this is something you really enjoy. Have fun but also be safe! Neat 55.
Donnetta

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger G-Man said...

That was fabulous James...I almost felt wet!! Awesome and descriptive as usual...Have a great week-end...
I know you will...G

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

Sweet. Sounds like so much fun. Really wish I were wakeboarding or kayaking, or rafting... sigh.

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger Mona said...

its a nice feeling to fly even for a few moments...

Its even a better feeling to fly away...

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Mona said...

happy Father's day James :)

Hope you and your son have a great time together!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.