Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dar-Wednesday

It’s time for another installment of The Darwin Awards.


(26 January 2007, Texas) In a world full of wonders, man invented boredom. So work time becomes play time. If you work in an office, you reproduce your naughty bits on the copy machine. If you work for an arc welding company? A plastic bucket, welding materials, and a single spark can combine for a play date with a bang.


"I was on the computer when I heard the boom," said a resident of the trailer park adjacent to the welding shop. "It shook my house. The whole neighborhood could feel it!"


Just for kicks, a 30-year-old welder and four co-workers had attempted to blow up a plastic bucket. Our man placed a striker, a spark-generating device used to start a welder's torch, in the plastic bucket and sealed it. Then he filled the bucket with acetylene, an explosive gas used for welding. The plan was to toss the bucket in the air, and watch it explode when the striker sparked.


Before that happened , however, our Darwin wannabe inadvertently kicked the plastic bucket, and the striker struck a spark. BOOM. The explosive force turned the lid of the bucket into a whirling saw that flew through the air and struck the man in his right arm, nearly severing it. He also sustained lacerations to his right leg.


No one else was injured in the blast, and no charges were filed, as it was felt that the perpetrator of the incident had already been sufficiently punished.



I also need to take a moment to let you know that Pixels and Pain is now available in e-book format. Please pick up your copy today.


Pixels and Pain






Here is a blurb:


Explore the dangerous domain of a madman…


Johnny Walker is a FBI agent on a personal crusade to catch a killer. One year ago, his little sister was brutally murdered and the police still don’t have a suspect.


Mary Marshall founded a watchdog group to rid the world of online predators after her sister fell victim to a charismatic stranger she met on the popular networking website, HiyaSpace.


As the similarities surrounding their losses draw these two together, they soon embark on a desperate quest for answers—a quest wrought with peril, betrayal, and unimaginable horror.


In a virtual world where everyone’s a friend, and everyone’s a suspect, will Johnny and Mary be able to track down and stop an internet serial killer whose unspeakable deeds threaten to destroy them all?


Or will these two hunters become the prey, unable to escape the web of Pixels and Pain?



Thanks for staying with the post through the self-indulgent plug for my new book. The Dance was my all time favorite book, until I wrote this one. If you enjoy my writing style at all, this new book will blow you away…

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Blogger G-Man said...

Unimaginable Horror!!!
I love that term...Sounds very intriguing James...

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger G-Man said...

EUCHRE!!!!!

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger lime said...

holy crap! seriously, james....i just never cease to be amazed at the level of stupidity some people achieve!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

I'm reading the Dance first. I can't wait... just as soon as I finish this book. ARGH

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

for some reason this story gave me a visual of some on July 4th saying..."let me hold it to see what happens".

Yay! Another e-book, I will get my copy today or tomorrow sir.

James I am really proud of you for all you have done with your writing in the short time I have known you on here. You do not sit and wait on success to luckily land on you, you go out and find your own and I admire that! HUGS! :)

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Mona said...

when will we cease to be stupid?

Gosh that cost him so much!

Reminds me to offer my thanks to God for having being saved the payment of some horrible stupidities I have committed in my life!

We learn from our mistakes...
We also pay for them...

James Goodman is hanging that book in front of my nose a la carrot on a stick!!

I need to grab that one sooner or later :D

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Some folk are just downright dangerous!!

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger snowelf said...

James, do you get to write your own synopsis, or does someone else do it for you? My life is finally calming down so I can read and blog again, and as I promised, I will be picking up something written by you soon!

Congratulations on your latest release! Isn't it cool how you can write something that you believe you'll never out write yourself once it's finished and then you go and prove yourself wrong? :)

Have a great weekend and I hope you recovered well from your wisdom tooth extraction!!
Take care,

--snow

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.