Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Dar-Wednesday

That’s right, it is time for another installment of The Darwin Awards.


(6 July 2006, Ohio) Insurance fraud is harder than it looks. Just ask Musa and his son Essa, who hired an arsonist to burn down their Steak Thyme sub shop so they could collect the insurance money. They promised the arsonist a $60,000 a year job, although where he would work once the shop was ashes is unknown.


Three times he tried, and three times he failed to destroy the sandwich shop. Whether it was a Molotov cocktail thrown through the window, or chairs doused with gasoline and set ablaze, the result was the same. Minor damage. The neighborhood was up in arms over the apparent "hate crimes" repeatedly being committed against the two Jordanian immigrants.


Musa grew tired of throwing good money after bad. This was getting him nowhere! For the fourth arson attempt, only 12 hours after the flaming chairs fizzled, he and his son decided to help their hired hand. They spread gasoline around their eatery. A single match would do the trick.


Tragically, they had more talent for arson than their amateur arsonist. They took a cigarette break. One flick of a lighter later, a gas explosion took out one wall, and burned both men so severely that, despite several weeks of hospitalized care, the men died.



Labels:

7 Comments:

At 5:30 AM, Blogger lime said...

these two don't even sound like they were worth mourning.

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

Did anyone bring marshmallows to the bonfire? "Turn around Musa, yeah right there. I need a good char on this puppy."

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Mona said...

such a waste...

Goodman, You book review is up, although I don't know If I can call it a review at all!!

& The text is all screwed up & I cannot set the font right!

& I hope you don't mind that I stole your picture for your post from the wild child publication website.

If you dare to sue me I will sue you!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

No, Lime...I think they may have done the world a favor.

lol, Kelly. That may have given way to a funny aftertaste.

lol, Mona. I don't mind at all and no worries, I've never been much of a litigious person anyways. The review was great, you’re the first person to read that book and uncover the layer that is the overall knock to the rise and fall of religions. I am humbled in your presence. :D I tried to pack multiple messages into a tiny space, so I had to overlay them. :D Thanks again. :D

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

these men sound like someone that would smoke while pumping gas. I have alway heard that karma is a bitch and after reading this story I have to agree.

Hope you are having a good day!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Oh dear!

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger G-Man said...

What asswipes....

Gotta Love Mona....

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.