Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Weekend Recap

Well, I’m sunburned and sore, but quite happy. It was a fun-filled weekend that didn’t end until late Monday evening when I poured myself into bed.

We loaded up and headed for the lake. Apparently, we haven’t had enough warm days yet, because the water was still in the low 60s. It didn’t take long to figure out that being on the water, was a bit more preferable than being in it, so we decided to do a bit of fishing. My wife was quite excited, not only did she catch the most fish, she caught the biggest. To be fair, she only caught two, but since neither my son nor I caught any, it sounds a lot better in the first sentence.

Our boat started acting up by early afternoon on Saturday, dying for no apparent reason and just generally being a pain in the ass. So, we decided to call it a day. It took nearly an hour to limp back to the docks and get it loaded on the trailer. We didn’t get to have a single run on the wakeboard.

This being a long weekend and all, a trivial setback like this wasn’t going to slow us down. We came back to the house, ordered pizza and played the new Grand Theft Auto IV until the wee hours of the morning.

Sunday, we gathered back up and had a full day of swimming (pool water was just the right temp), volleyball and an all day (and well into the evening) cookout. I managed to be on the winning team for every V-ball match, which I thought was awesome.

Monday, we spent the day at Big Splash, a monster water park in Tulsa. I alternated my time primarily between the slides, the wave pool and the beach chairs. It was a blast.

We wound down with a few steaks on the grill and a movie. Even with sunblock, we all managed to get lobstered, so the air-conditioned comfort of the living room was a must.

So, how did you spend your weekend?

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 5:02 AM, Blogger lime said...

yahtzee!!!!

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger lime said...

sounds like you wrung the fun out of the weekend which is great.

friday the boy had a paintballing birthday party. and the older girl had an alternate prom activity (group of pals who wanted to do something special but not go to prom since it was $200 a couple just for tickets....CROLY HAP!) saturday was 9th grade formal for the younger girl. sunday was the farm animal frolic thing i posted about and yesterday was the parade and memorial day ceremony in the morning and another birthday party/picnic in the afternoon.

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger G-Man said...

Lime...?
Stop being so childish!!

James, with the price of gas, who could afford to go far from home eh?

Yard work..
Grillin..
Eating..
A few beers..
Happy Holidays...

Galen...

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

Packing, writing, chatting with friends, Wizard's baseball game and chillin' with the family.

G-man, WE didn't travel. Gas is killer.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

That sounds like a great weekend James! We had a fun time too, I'll be blogging about it tomorrow. :)

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

Holy crap indeed, Lime. That's an expensive Prom. :D

lol, that's a good point, G-man. It rose to $3.70 for the "cheap" stuff. I hope it starts going the other direction soon...

sounds like a fine way to spend the weekend though, Kelly. :D

I can't wait to read about it, AK. :D

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

I drove by Big Splash yesterday! I was thinking of how I would hate to wait in that line but would love to feel that cold water.

You always have such cool weekends. I just cleaned.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger jillie said...

I enjoyed my wknd by being in my home with my animals (including Robert!) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Relaxed and watched movies and drank beer ;o)

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

lol, the lines weren't that bad really. Depending on the time, you probably would've got me on one of my several trips down the Silver Bullet. :D

lol, thanks, Carrie. You and your S.O. could always come join us some weekend. :D

lol, Jillie. was it hard to watch movies with your animal on the loose? :D All kidding aside, that sounds like a great weekend. :D

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

Writing...(I can smell (The End.)

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

Ah, that's a wonderful smell, no? :D

I'm taking a small break, before I dive into the next one. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.