Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Passing

I received news yesterday that Dennis Holland has passed away. He was a friend, a bro, a fellow biker. He took me to my very first bike rally in Oklahoma. We’ve shared many a laugh and more than a few beers. No matter what was going on around us, he always had a smile or a bit of insight to share that made everything seem somehow more bearable. I can honestly say my life is truly better for having known him.

Dennis, surely there is a magnificent bike waiting for you now to take you on the long ride. What would heaven be, if it deprived you of one of your favorite loves? When you straddle that beast and begin the journey, just remember to keep the rubber side down.

May eternity give you always:
The sun on your face
The wind at your back
The temperature cool against your skin
The pavement smooth
The road long and winding,
Adventure around every corner

May the scenery be beautiful beyond words
The smell of the open rode be stronger than you ever remembered
The beer taste better than you could ever imagine
The music infect your soul
The sounds of joyous celebration follow you for eternity.

Wherever that road leads you, know that you will forever be in my memories.
Ride hard, my friend.
You will be missed.

8 Comments:

At 6:18 AM, Blogger G-Man said...

James...
On April 19th, I'm going to a memorial service for my friend Ned Kintner that died a few months back.
His Harley was the first one that I ever sat on and rode. The family wants me to ride his FLH as the lead bike in his funeral procession..
I consider this a great honor, and I really like the words in your tribute to your friend..
Mind if I use them?
G

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

Of course not, Galen. I would be honored for you to use them.

Maybe your friend is riding with mine...

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

So sorry honey. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

the words you have for your friend are beautiful James.

So sorry to hear about your loss and I will be praying for his family and friends.

Have a good day!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

I am sorry for the loss of your friend James.

Your tribute to him is beautiful.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger lime said...

oh james, i am so sorry to hear it. as the others have said that is indeed a fitting and beautiful tribute. i pray peace and comfort for his friends and family in this sad time.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger snowelf said...

Although it is a part of life, you really hate to hear news like this. I am so sorry for your loss and sorry for his family too. If there is anything you need, please let me know.

(hugs)

--snow

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger ciara said...

sorry to hear about your friend...this was a lovely tribute

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.