Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

The Morning After

Well, for those of you who missed the interview, we had a bit of a rough start, but I think we recovered nicely. I have to say…it was a blast. I had a few deer in headlights moments, but overall it was a fantastic experience.


The ladies conducting the interview were an absolute delight. If you get a chance, you should really catch one of the shows. They air every Monday night at 9pm EST. Here again, are the details:


To have readers and friends participate, you can share the following instructions:
Call the show at (310) 984-7600 and enter Show ID 245692. Or, visit the show at http://www.nowlive.com/show/AlekaNakis.



Also, if you are just crushed that you missed the interview, no worries… it is saved on the show’s website in the archives (3/31/08). http://www.nowlive.com/show/AlekaNakis.


And now for something completely different… A list of Good ‘Ol Boy’s pick up lines:




1) Did you fart? Cuz you just blew me away.

2) Are yer parents retarded? Cuz ya sure are special.

3) My Love fer you is like diarrhea, I can't hold it in.

4) Do you have a library card? Cuz I'd like to check you out.

5) Is there a mirror in yer pants? Cuz I can see myself in em.

6) If you was a tree and I were a Squirrel, I'd store my nuts in yer
hole.
7)You might not be the best lookin girl here, but beauty's only a
light switch away.

8) Fat Penguin........ Sorry, I just wanted to say something that would
break the ice.

9) I know I'm not no Fred Flintstone, but I bet I can make yer
bed-rock.

10) I can't find my puppy, can you help me? I think he went into this
cheap motel room.

11) Yer eyes are as blue as winder cleaner.

12) If yer gunna re gret this in the mornin', we kin sleep til'
afternoon.

And.... The best for last!




13) Yer face reminds me of a wrench, every time I think of it my nuts
tighten up

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At 3:19 AM, Blogger lime said...

i enjoyed dropping by to listen to the interview. glad the glitches got worked out.

those pickup lines just ooze charm!

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

Thanks, Lime. I am so glad you came. I really appreciate the support. :D I hope I didn't botch it up too bad. :D I totally spaced on the lyrics to When Doves Cry or I would have crooned for you a bit longer. :D

lol, one of my cousins sent me the list of pickup lines and I just had to share. :D

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

oh, and I missed the vast majority of what was going on in the chatroom. I trust all of the listeners were well behaved. :D

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger G-Man said...

...'Did you fart'?
Those were awesome...Thanks...G

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

lol, happy to help, Galen. :D

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

HOLY COW that's hysterical. My eyes are runnin', my eyes are runnin'!!!

I have actually had number 11 used on me. So so sad. I think I slapped him but I don't remember more than the stunned look on his face, so who knows?

LIME!!! Hey babe, so nice to meet you last night.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

James I am so sorry I missed the interview. I had every intention of tuning in but things have been crazy busy here on top of me dealing with a wicked sinus infection. I will have to go check out the archive though.

have a good day!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

lol, Kelly that is sad. Guys will say the darndest things to get the coversation going. :D I'm glad you liked them. :D

No worries, Breazy. I just hope you get to feeling better soon. :D

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Maddie James said...

Hey James. So sorry I missed the show last night! I had to work reeeeellly late, much later than expected, so didn't get home until after the show. Drat! And I was looking forward to it. I'll go catch the podcast. :)

maddie

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

It's all good, Maddie. Life happens. :D I hope you enjoy the replay. They say we might do it again sometime, so you may get another chance. :D

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger jillie said...

Now I'm the retard!!! For some reason I was thinking it was the 4th! DUHHHH! And double DUHHHHHH!!!!!

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

lol, no worries, Jillie. :D

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Anny Cook said...

Okay, I suppose I better not read your blog at midnight. I'm sitting here sniggering, trying be quiet. Dammit. I think I'll read these to my girlfriend tomorrow. I bet she wakes up in a hurry.

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

lol, glad you liked them. I got a chuckle out of them myself. Though, admittedly, no one was trying to sleep at the time. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.