Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Killer Clowns

Well, I thought I’d do something a little different today and give you a glimpse of my current WIP, Tuttle’s House of Horror. I hope to have it finished up and ready for release by Halloween. A lofty goal I’m sure, but a goal none the less. This is just a snippet of a scene from the opening chapters. Enjoy…


Adam led Kali up the steps. He stumbled near the top causing them both to break into a giggling fit. They staggered onto the second floor, looking for a suitable room to commandeer.

“Let’s take the one at the end of the hall,” Kali suggested.
“Oh yeah, less chance of someone walking in on us that way,” he agreed.
“Or hearing us.”
“Good point. You do tend to get rather vocal with the loving.”
“Would you have it any other way?”
“Not a chance,” he laughed.

Adam kissed her on the neck before giving her a playful bite. He picked Kali up, carried her into the sparsely furnished bedroom, swung the door shut with the heel of his shoe and laid her on the bed. They kissed feverishly as they shimmied out of their clothes. He had just buried his face between her breasts when the door eased open.

“Trick or treat,” a voice whispered through a clown mask bearing a huge grin that exposed rows of pointed teeth.
“What the hell?” Adam growled, turning just in time to see someone closing the door.
“Trick or treat,” he repeated, still in a hushed tone.
“Not funny, asshole. Can’t you see we’re kind of busy here?” Adam said with forced laugh.
“Get your own room,” Kali added. “This is a party for two.”
“Trick or treat,” the twisted clown said again, closing the gap to the end of the bed in two strides.

Kali grabbed a pillow and covered herself. “Jimmy is that you?”
Instead of answering, he leapt onto the foot of the bed, landed on his knees, shoved his arms up both sleeves of his leather jacket and sat there.
“What the hell is wrong with you?” Adam yelled. “This ain’t no peep show.”
The man continued to sit there, just staring at them.
“If you don’t get out of here right now, I’m going kick your ass,” Adam warned.

His arms sprang free of the sleeves with lightning speed, light reflecting from the long jagged blades he now held in both hands. He lunged forward, stabbing them both through the throat before they could scream. Blood shot forth, coating the sheets, the wall above the headboard. Adam and Kali thrashed, gargling and gasping for air. The clown bounced up and down on the bed, both arms lashing out over and over, rising and falling, pushing and pulling, plunging in rhythm to an unheard song. The clown had become an evil conductor of a demented orchestra of death.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger Anne Lyken-Garner said...

HI, I'm also on Spinetinglers. I clicked on the link but could not read your story 'New Kid.' This is assuming that Spintetinglers in the US is the same as it is here in England (a website where you can read horror short stories).

You have a great blog here.
Anne

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

Hi, Anne. Thanks for stopping by. Yes, they spinetingler is being transferred to a new host website, but it doesn't look like they've transferred everything yet.

Here is a link that will take you directly to the issue: http://www.spinetinglermag.com/fall2006contents.htm

What issue are you in? I'll be sure to check out your story. :D

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

YAY!!! I love a good bloody, gory, horror book. The more murdering the better I like it...not that I am off in the head or anything I just like to read that kind of thing.

I can't wait to read it James!

Have a great day!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

LOL, thanks, Breazy. I would never think you were off in the head. :D If you were off in the head for reading it and liking it, then I would be off in the head for writing it. :D

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger jillie said...

Clowns just freak me the hell out!!!! We had a bag of them that we would give to kids in the office after I would give them an injection. EXCEPT for the fact I cut all of their heads off....LOL! And I wonder WHY my friends call me nurseratched?????

lol

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger lime said...

*shudders*

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

I'm in some heavy duty training...I hope to take home gold in next year's Horror Olympics. :D

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

lol, you cut off all of their heads? That's just twisted, Jillie. :D j/k I don't blame you, it's their faces that make them so damned freaky. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.