Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday 55

Alright folks, the object of the game is to write a story using exactly 55 words. If you participate, be sure to drop a comment at G-Man’s blog so others will know how to find your story.



Eyes narrow with murderous intent. His prey evasive, but his grip grows tighter. It must be done, it’s what he does. Knuckles grow white from the strain. He will not give in. Movement, a subtle dance beneath his fingers. A twist, a turn, it pulls free with a pop. The pickle jar is finally open.



Also, this week I received the new cover art for my latest novel, Pixels and Pain. So, I just had to share…







Here is a blurb:


Johnny Walker is a FBI agent in need of answers. His sister was murdered a year ago and the police still don’t have a suspect.


Mary Marshall founded a watchdog group to rid the world of online predators after her sister fell victim to a charismatic stranger she met on the popular website, HiyaSpace.

The similarities of their losses bring the two together and hurl them down a path wrought with peril, betrayal and unimaginable suffering at the hands of a madman whose unspeakable deeds threaten to destroy them all.


Will they be able to put an end to his reign of terror? Or will they be forever lost in a maniac’s world of Pixels and Pain?


And in still other news…I’m now taking over Saturday duties as the other male perspective at Oh, Get a Grip!. So, come by and see me this weekend if you get a chance.

Labels: , , ,

20 Comments:

At 4:57 AM, Blogger Mona said...

LOL! A bottle of Pickle :D

Slurp! I think it was worth the effort!

I love the Blurb of the Book. It sounds like a gripping tale!

O also LOVE the title. Pixels and Pain! Very suggestive.

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

Indeed, Mona. :D Thank you for the kind words about the book. I'm looking forward to its release. :D

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Strumpet said...

I LOVE pickles.

Pickles rock.

And the beginning was definitely....gripping.

I also am totally diggin' the dripping blood in your cover art. It's completely alluring to me...mesmerizing, in fact...

lol@HiyaSpace...that's awesome.

Congrats on the new novel and cover art!!

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

lol, strumpet, thanks. I live for the fine art of misdirection. :D

Thanks for the compliments on the cover. I think this may be my favorite yet. There's just so much going on there. I see something new nearly every time I look at it. :D

Yeah, I had to make up a new name, because MySpace is copyrighted, but I'm sure you get the picture. :D

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger ciara said...

i was thinking...ooo this is starting to get good, then BAM pickle jar! lmao that was a great 55.

lmao @ hiyaspace. but the blurb makes it sound like an exciting book. when does that one come out?

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

lol, thanks, Ciara.

They haven't given me a definitive release date yet, but it should be either late May or early June by my reckoning. :D

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

Great 55! I never know what I am going to find at the end of your 55's and I think that is why I always like them so well.

Congrats on the new book cover! I can't wait to read it.

Have a great weekend!

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

lol, thank you, Breazy. I try to keep you guessing.

You have a great weekend too. :D

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

LOL!!! Oh my gosh that was excellent. I read it out to my visiting family and they all laughed too. Way to hype up a pickle jar. Only you, babe.

You're blogging on Grip tomorrow, right?

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

lol, thanks for sharing it. :D and I'm glad everyone liked it. :D

Oh, yes...I have a blog all prepared. If I'm up past midnight, I'll post it early, if not...I'll post it as soon as I get up. :D

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger lime said...

LOL, you got me good with that one! i never imagined it was a jar of pickles!

terrific cover art too. congrats on the next publication :)

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

Right on, Lime. :D

Cool, thanks. These are indeed exciting times. :D

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger G-Man said...

That even took ME by suprise James...EXCELLENT!!
Great 55, and your blurb was also gripping..
Thanks for playing, and have a great week-end..
G

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

lol, I appreciate that, G-man.

You have a great weekend as well. :D

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger smarmoofus said...

Pickle jar! Great 55! I also had a chuckle at "HiyaSpace". Clever.

-smarmoofus

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

Thanks, Smarmoofus. I'm glad you liked it. :D

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

Hahahahaha! I love the 55 pickle jar story. Too funny. And the book "blurb" is awesome and also the cover. You are in a whirl, James! So proud of you and happy you've accomplished so much.
Donnetta

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

Thanks, Donnetta. Things do seem to be looking up on the writing front. :D

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Love your 55 James, I wasn't expecting pickles! The cover of your new book looks very inviting and the blurb makes it sound even better!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger James Goodman, Author said...

I really appreciate that, Akelamalu. :D I'm very excited to see this story come out...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.