Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Weekend Recap

We had a wonderful holiday weekend. I even managed to squeak in several fantastic little jaunts on my bike. Yes, the weather here is finally cooperating enough for me to venture out on the open road. We played, laughed, loved and just generally enjoyed each other’s company. My poor computer felt horribly neglected, I’m sure. I barely looked at it for the entire three days. It’ll get over it.

My son spent the majority of his spring break with his biological mother, but we were able to have him join in the family funfest by Saturday afternoon. I think he really missed us on this trip, because he actually wanted to hang out for the entire rest of the day. Most of the time, when he spends just the weekend away from us, he comes in visits with us for an hour (two tops) then he’s off to play with his friends.

This is the first year that we didn’t have an Easter egg hunt. My son informed us that he is officially too old for such activities. Ah, it’s the end of an era, but I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. Once they figure out that there isn’t an actual Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy are soon to follow. Everything else goes quickly downhill from there.

So, how did you spend the weekend?

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

This weekend I ate a chocolate bunny, finished a wip and subbed it to my other editor, watched tv and didn't go outside at all. I have an excuse though. I've mentioned it plenty of times so I don't think I will again.

I'm excited for today though. I'm beginning my third Marriage book for RP.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

That is quite a productive weekend, Kelly. :D Oh, I love the start of something new. I hope the words sail smoothly onto the page. :D

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger lime said...

lots of relaxing on saturday, with sme baking and egg dyeing mixed in even though i only had one child who did a 'pity dye' of 4 eggs before she ran off.

sunday we did the early church thing then went to my mom;s and visited before having dinner with the extended clan at my aunt's. good day as far as i was concerned.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

lol @ the pity dye. At least she made the effort. :D

Sunday sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day. :D

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Got my son his birthday present (a goldfish and small purple tank for it to live in) and watched him watch the fish for hours. I was having as much fun as him, just seeing him so thrilled with that tiny little creature.

We also dyed eggs, ate way too much chocolate and did a little grocery shopping. It was a great weekend!

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Maddie James said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend, James. I had a lovely 3 day weekend, taking off work today, and enjoyed every minute of it. Back to the grind tomorrow with a flight out way to early in the a.m. Ah, no rest for the working girl...

maddie

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

That sounds like a wonderful time, Angie. Kids, never amaze me with the amount of joy they get out of the little things. :D

It was a great weekend, Maddie. Egads, I hate the early morning flights. It seems like I don't wake up properly before noon, lol. You have a safe trip. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.