Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Ups and Downs

The weekend started out a bit poorly. On Friday afternoon, I set about doing our weekly shopping. I hopped in my vehicle and was on my way. About a mile from the house, my air pressure sensor beeps at me…repeatedly. I appear to have a tire that’s going flat. I make it to the tire shop, but just barely. I sit their in the lobby, twiddling my thumbs, watching the clock, wondering what could be taking so long. I get my answer after an hour. Turns out that my sensor has failed to boot and has to be replaced. My Friday afternoon flat wound up costing me over a hundred dollars. That sucks… It was definitely the low point for the weekend.

Friday evening we settled in to watch movies and relax. My wife picked up Beowulf, We Own the Night, Michael Clayton and Saw IV. We only made it through Beowulf that night and sprinkled the rest throughout various free time found over the weekend.

Saturday we attended the thirtieth birthday party of one of our closest friends. It was a grand ol’ time. There was enough food, laughter, beverages and memories to last until the next benchmark birthday. Since today is actually the day, I want to give a giant shout out: Happy Birthday Amy!!!!!!

Sunday we caught up on a few home projects for part of the day and helped my son work on a pretest for the state exams coming up in April. The school sent home a booklet that was a representative sample of the test to come. He did better than any of us expected on the first go around. We went over the few he did miss and made sure he understand where he went wrong. It was a surprisingly painless process for all involved.

So, how did you spend your weekend?

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

Bleaching and cleaning. I spent my weekend bleaching and cleaning. My house smells like an indoor swimming pool. Has to be done though. Just got my galleys for Marriage Mart which RP is releasing tomorrow so I have to do a read through. I NEED to be bleaching and cleaning some more though. I hate bleach.

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

oh, sucky... You would think that by now, they would have invented something that would work as good, but be far less stinky, lol.

oh, my...you'd better get a move on with those galleys. :D Come on, shake a leg. Less bleaching more reading. :D

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

Shake a leg? I'm doing that as we speak. I don't sit still very well. I'll be holding off on the bleach until the galleys are done. I've found a couple of errors already. :(

Bleach is the best thing for full on spring cleaning and wiping out germs. I'm mostly finished but we have someone coming to see the house in two days. The deep clean and moving boxes don't make for a good show. I was hoping to get it finished by then. With the galleys I don't think that will be happening.

Right. Back to work for me.

By the way, the pizza in Georgia thing. LOL. No, you wouldn't expect it. I lived in Dunwoody, suburb of Atlanta for three years. I miss the greenery and rolling hills and KUDZUUUUU!

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

ah, but that's why the send it to you to proof, no? :D

lol, yeah, pizza in georgia but the owner was a transplant from New York.

Right on with the Kudzu. :D I thought you were going to say peaches. :D

Now, back to work. *cracks whip*. :D

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

It was good. I went to a play. I did some shopping. I did some cleaning. And I certainly enjoyed that weather yesterday.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

oh, yeah...it was just a gorgeous day. I even managed to spare a half hour to get out on my bike. :D Here's to hoping the cold is finally behind us. :D

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger lime said...

there is great irony in that your tire was fine but the sensor for it was bad and cost more than a tire ever would....dontcha love technological 'advances?'

like i said at my place lots of movies on saturday while we waited out a storm. sunday we had lunch with some friends we haven't seen in ages. good time.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

lol, actually I really did have a flat too, but they fixed that for free. I guess they felt bad for the excessive price the confounded sensor. :D

Yes ineed, that does sound like a good time. Sorry to hear about the extra white hairs, but sooner or later we will all have to ride with kiddos as they learn the dos and don'ts. :D Thankfully, I'm still a few years away from that with mine. :D

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a busy week-end but a very lazy Sunday. Sorry son to hear you had tire and sensor problems.
Talk to you soon I hope.
Love
MoM

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

We went to my neice's 21st birthday bash on Saturday night and spent Sunday recovering! :)

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

Sounds like a great time, akelamalu. Anything that needs to be recovered from usually involves large amounts of revelry. :D

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger jillie said...

Friday I didn't do much, caught up on some taped TV. Sat was GIRLS NIGHT OUT and Sunday? Well, I was a couch potato to say the LEAST! LOL...but it was a fun night. Glad I don't do those too often anymore. I just don't recoup like I use to...pfffft!

Bummer about the car. They all seem to suck $$ out of us one way or another.

ciao

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

that sounds like fun. Sadly, I don't recoup like I used to either. :(

Yes, they definately have a way of costing big bucks, lol.

Ciao? Ah, mi amica. Parle Italiano? Eri Italiano o la fare giusto lo studia? molto fresco sia la maniera... molto fresco veramente. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.