Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, March 17, 2008

The movie meme

I first saw this meme on Draw Circles and it quickly made its way around several blogs I frequent. It was a hoot racking my brain to come up with the movies to match the quote, so I thought I’d share it with all of you. Since it has been done so many times, I tried to pick movies I liked, but havent’ seen on any of the boards yet.


Here are the rules:
1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly in the comments, and put who correctly identified the film.
5. NO Googling or using IMDb search functions.


1. “Yeah, in the sense that they all sort of, uh... fell down... and then got up... and started eating each other.”

2. “I got a business to run. I gotta kick asses sometimes to make it run right. We had a little argument, Freddy and me, so I had to straighten him out.” The Godfather...
  • G-Man
  • nailed this one with the quickness. :D

    3. “It takes all kinds of critters to make Farmer Vincent's fritters.”
  • Nurse Ratched
  • has spent the night at Motel Hell and lived to tell the tale.

    4. “The ship brought me back. I told you she won't let me leave - she won't let anyone leave. Did you really think you could destroy this ship? She's defied space and time. She's been to a place you couldn't possibly imagine. And now... it is time to go back.” Mark took a trip to hell with Event Horizon

    5. “Heaven and hell are right here, behind every wall, every window, the world behind the world. And we're smack in the middle.”

    6. “Don't mock me my friend. It's a condition of mental divergence. I find myself on the planet Ogo, part of an intellectual elite, preparing to subjugate the barbarian hordes on Pluto. But even though this is a totally convincing reality for me in every way, nevertheless Ogo is actually a construct of my psyche. I am mentally divergent, in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life here. When I stop going there, I will be well. Are you also divergent, friend?”

    7. “I didn't say I was different or better. I'm not. Hell, I sympathize; I sympathize completely. Apathy is the solution. I mean, it's easier to lose yourself in drugs than it is to cope with life. It's easier to steal what you want than it is to earn it. It's easier to beat a child than it is to raise it. Hell, love costs: it takes effort and work.”
  • Angie
  • has seen Se7en.

    8. “Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town.”

    9. “Well, that makes you a very clever librarian, Talamascan. I knew I left that journal somewhere. So, was it a good read?”

    10. “You know, we arrested a dentist last week who liked to play with kids a bit too much. He lived two blocks from here. The sewer lines run under this neighborhood too, doctor.”

    11. “Uncompromising men are easy to admire. He has courage; so does a dog. But it is exactly the ability to *compromise* that makes a man noble.”
  • Angie
  • has a Braveheart.

    12. “Now wait a minute. You just got finished saying you couldn't hear anything down there. Now you say it sounded like the place was being ripped apart. It would be nice if you get your story straight, man.”
  • Breazy
  • watches classic zombie flicks like Night of the Living Dead

    13. “Because it was a fifty fifty shot on wheter you'd be going left or right. You see we're both going left. You could have just as easily been going left, too. And if that was the case... It would have been a while before you started getting scared. But since you're going the other way, I'm afraid you're gonna have to start getting scared... immediately!”

    14. “That, what just happened to you there, that was nothing. You've just been playing with the ghosts. Wait til somebody lets out the real darkness in this place, that's... that's a whole new bunch of crazy shit! You'll hate that shit!”

    15. “Jealous? Jealous? You don't even *exist* to me! You don't exist! You are nothing! You are *shit*! You don't exist. The only way you know how to treat women is by treating them like whores! Well, you're the whore! And this is gonna stop! Do you understand! Do you understand what I'm saying? Hmm?”
  • Breazy
  • is spellbound by The Craft


    Ok, so there you have it kids. Knock yourselves out.

    Labels:

    22 Comments:

    At 6:41 AM, Blogger G-Man said...

    #3. Mo Green from the God-Father, I think he finished with.."He was bangin Cocktail waitresses 3 at a time"!

    Thanks for adding me to your blog roll, I do believe thats quite an honor considering the company you keep..

    Lime tells me that you are brilliant..Much obliged...G-Man

     
    At 6:44 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

    You nailed it G-man. :D No worries on the add. I looked over your blog and liked what I see. I plan to visit often. :D

     
    At 6:48 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

    oh, it was actually #2, but I knew what you meant. :D

     
    At 7:19 AM, Blogger Angie said...

    #7 - Se7en

    #11 - Braveheart

    :D

     
    At 7:29 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

    lol, yep...I couldn't resist. I had to make seven seven. :D Nicely done.

     
    At 8:22 AM, Blogger jillie said...

    Is #3 from Motel Hell? If so, man, I've forgotten ALL about that movie...LMAO...

    Top o' the mornin to ya James ;o)

    You are going to LOVE g-man's blog.

     
    At 8:32 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

    Jillie, I'm impressed. I thought that would be the one movie that would stump all comers. :D Yes, it is Motel hell. An oldie but goody. :D

     
    At 9:26 AM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

    I suck at this stuff and six is going to drive me nuts, cause I can't think of it, but I've seen it.
    1. Sean (Shawn?) of the dead. I think.
    4. Lost in Space? Seems like I can see Matt LeBlanc in this scene. Hmm.

    Lemme know. Oh. And HOW do you strike out the words like that??

     
    At 9:36 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

    oh, sorry Kelly. You've missed them both. You were really close with #1 though. :D oh, and Shaun of the Dead was an awesome flick, the only reason I didn't pick it for a quote was I didn't want to dominate the list with zombie movies. :D having said, that there is more than one zombie movie in the list. :D

    Feel free to have another go at it. :D And, I'll answer the ones that aren't answered sometime tomorrow, so if no one gets #6, you'll know what it is then...

     
    At 9:55 AM, Blogger jillie said...

    Oh man, that makes me laugh. I can still see that old man in the coveralls! LOL...it was more hysterical than it was scary. I am picking my brain on the others. They are ringing bells but I don't want to cheat ;o)

     
    At 10:13 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

    lol, yeah...I found it on DVD the other day. I was stoked. It is always good for a laugh. :D

    Right on, I appreciate your not peeking. :D I'm sure some other ones will come to you. :D

     
    At 10:27 AM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

    Right I've read the quotes 3 times and I don't know any of them! :(

     
    At 10:28 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

    LOL Now how many of these are zombie movies? Okay, I will admit it, I suck. LOL

    Fun game!

     
    At 10:35 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

    That's ok, Akelamalu. I tried to make the list with as many obscure films as possible to present a proper challenge. :D

    lol, only two of them if memory serves correctly, Carrie. maybe give it a bit and try again, I'm sure at least one of them will come to you. :D

     
    At 10:50 AM, Blogger Mark said...

    #4: Event Horizon

     
    At 10:55 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

    Bingo, Mark! I actually watched this again just the other day. It was on fearnet on demand.

     
    At 4:08 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

    okay here is my guess...
    #12 Night of The Living Dead (a classic my husband watches every chance he gets)
    #15 The Craft (this is my sisters favorite movie)

    Hope you are doing well.
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

     
    At 4:40 PM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

    wow! Way to go, Heather. :D You got them both. I thought #12 would give a lot of people trouble on account of how old it is. :D

    You have a Happy St. Paddy's Day as well.:D

     
    At 8:32 AM, Blogger lime said...

    lol, i am a day late but i am still entirely clueless on the various quotes!

    fun meme though. :)

     
    At 4:12 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

    lol, it's all good. I'll probably leave them up until tomorrow or Friday then I will reveal the answers. :D

     
    At 10:18 PM, Blogger Jerry said...

    James,
    The only one I knew was the Godfather quote. I've got the same Meme over at my place.

     
    At 4:11 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

    right on, I'll head that way. :D

     

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home

    Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.