Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Meme Answers and Not a HNT pic!!!

Ok, folks. By popular demand here are the answers to the Movie Meme from Monday:
1. “Yeah, in the sense that they all sort of, uh... fell down... and then got up... and started eating each other.” Dawn of the Dead

2. “I got a business to run. I gotta kick asses sometimes to make it run right. We had a little argument, Freddy and me, so I had to straighten him out.” The Godfather...
  • G-Man
  • nailed this one with the quickness. :D

    3. “It takes all kinds of critters to make Farmer Vincent's fritters.”
  • Nurse Ratched
  • has spent the night at Motel Hell and lived to tell the tale.

    4. “The ship brought me back. I told you she won't let me leave - she won't let anyone leave. Did you really think you could destroy this ship? She's defied space and time. She's been to a place you couldn't possibly imagine. And now... it is time to go back.” Mark took a trip to hell with Event Horizon

    5. “Heaven and hell are right here, behind every wall, every window, the world behind the world. And we're smack in the middle.” Constantine

    6. “Don't mock me my friend. It's a condition of mental divergence. I find myself on the planet Ogo, part of an intellectual elite, preparing to subjugate the barbarian hordes on Pluto. But even though this is a totally convincing reality for me in every way, nevertheless Ogo is actually a construct of my psyche. I am mentally divergent, in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life here. When I stop going there, I will be well. Are you also divergent, friend?” 12 Monkeys

    7. “I didn't say I was different or better. I'm not. Hell, I sympathize; I sympathize completely. Apathy is the solution. I mean, it's easier to lose yourself in drugs than it is to cope with life. It's easier to steal what you want than it is to earn it. It's easier to beat a child than it is to raise it. Hell, love costs: it takes effort and work.”
  • Angie
  • has seen Se7en.

    8. “Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit... and Jack just left town.” Army of Darkness

    9. “Well, that makes you a very clever librarian, Talamascan. I knew I left that journal somewhere. So, was it a good read?” Queen of the Damned

    10. “You know, we arrested a dentist last week who liked to play with kids a bit too much. He lived two blocks from here. The sewer lines run under this neighborhood too, doctor.” SAW

    11. “Uncompromising men are easy to admire. He has courage; so does a dog. But it is exactly the ability to *compromise* that makes a man noble.”
  • Angie
  • has a Braveheart.

    12. “Now wait a minute. You just got finished saying you couldn't hear anything down there. Now you say it sounded like the place was being ripped apart. It would be nice if you get your story straight, man.”
  • Breazy
  • watches classic zombie flicks like Night of the Living Dead

    13. “Because it was a fifty fifty shot on wheter you'd be going left or right. You see we're both going left. You could have just as easily been going left, too. And if that was the case... It would have been a while before you started getting scared. But since you're going the other way, I'm afraid you're gonna have to start getting scared... immediately!” Deathproof

    14. “That, what just happened to you there, that was nothing. You've just been playing with the ghosts. Wait til somebody lets out the real darkness in this place, that's... that's a whole new bunch of crazy shit! You'll hate that shit!” House on Haunted Hill

    15. “Jealous? Jealous? You don't even *exist* to me! You don't exist! You are nothing! You are *shit*! You don't exist. The only way you know how to treat women is by treating them like whores! Well, you're the whore! And this is gonna stop! Do you understand! Do you understand what I'm saying? Hmm?”
  • Breazy
  • is spellbound by The Craft

    Also, I’d like to announce that my book The Dance is going on pre-order for the trade paperback edition any day now. Check back sometime next week.

    Labels:

    20 Comments:

    At 6:11 AM, Blogger lime said...

    ok, i feel much better about not knowing those movie quotes. the only one of those movies i have even seen is braveheart. LOL!

    thanks for sharing the cruise pic. i remember the story of how she entered you. too funny!

     
    At 6:17 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

    lol, I thought about your aversion to horror when I did this, Lime. Actually, you were the reason I threw in Braveheart, but Angie beat you to it. :D

    lol, yeah it was a good trip. I hope to do it again (sans the chest contest) soon. :D

     
    At 8:19 AM, Blogger S said...

    Heh really good quotes! I knew none of them.
    So that was your NOT an HNT portrait? LOL

    BTW Slice of Lime is for Limes blog, I am going to call it Thursday Portrait.

     
    At 8:25 AM, Blogger Z Mascota said...

    yeah, i don't really do movies. I can't sit still that long.
    But i like the pic! Lucky wife!
    HHNT!

     
    At 8:26 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

    lol, don't feel bad, S. There were several that no one knew. :D

    lol, yeah...I meant to amend it. I deleted the links to the HNT site, but I forgot to change the words. Thanks for catching that. It's corrected now. :D

    my bad on the Slice of Lime. :D Thursday Portrait works for me.

     
    At 8:27 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

    lol, thanks, Z. :D

     
    At 9:01 AM, Blogger Dana said...

    OK ... I admit it ... I came for the HNT, but enjoyed the entire post!

     
    At 9:07 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

    lol, I'm glad you enjoyed it, Dana. :D

     
    At 9:14 AM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

    Ah that's why I didn't know any of them - I've only seen one of them - Braveheart! :#

     
    At 9:33 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

    lol, Akelamalu. No worries. You may not know this, but I'm a bit of a horror buff, so the list was pretty heavy with horror flicks. :D

     
    At 10:47 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

    What I remember about the cruise post was the picture of you dancing down the stairs, looked like a bucket of fun!

    YAY!!! I got those two right. I also had a pretty good idea about 14 but wasn't completely sure.

    You have a beautiful day!

    Btw...great pic!

     
    At 11:12 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

    lol, it was fun!!! :D I am a dancing fool. :D

    Yep, you did good, kid. :D

    Awww, thanks.

     
    At 12:10 PM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

    Hey Kiddo. Nice tatt. Now put a pic of your wife up. Turnabout is fairplay. :)

    You're posting the quotes tomorrow right?

     
    At 12:25 PM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

    lol, thanks. You want to see a pic of my wife? I think she might kick me in the ass if I post a pic of her without a shirt on here. You naughty girl. :D


    oh, and I did the quotes today. I put the answers in bold beside the ones that no one guessed. :D

     
    At 12:32 PM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

    LOL, James! I didn't say topless you freak. Just a pic. I have the same parts. I don't need to see hers.

     
    At 12:48 PM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

    lol, I knew what you meant, but I couldn't resist. :D The pics up...

     
    At 1:39 PM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

    Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. She's lovely. Great smile, great dimple. You caught her with her eyes closed but she looks like she's having a blast! You did good, James, ma boy.

     
    At 5:29 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

    I should have got the house on haunted hill. I just watched that a few months ago.

     
    At 8:14 PM, Blogger Ashley Ladd said...

    I love movies but I didn't know most of those quotes, either.

     
    At 3:46 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

    lol, thanks Kelly. I think I did good too. :D She truly is an amazing woman...

    Right on, Carrie. It was probably the quote I used that threw you. :D

    Sorry about that, Ashley. The meme had made the rounds so many times, I was forced to find the most obscure quotes for movies I liked that I could. :D

     

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home

    Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.