Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Dar-Wednesday

It’s time for another installment of The Darwin Awards.


(2 February 2008, New York) A 50-year-old man was bird hunting in Upstate New York with his buddies and his faithful canine companion. They stopped for a smoke, and he noticed that his dog had found a bone. It was a deer leg! The man tried to take the bone away from the dog. Like any right thinking dog, the animal would not relinquish its treasure, and stayed just out of reach.


Frustrated with this blatant show of disobedience, the man grabbed his loaded shotgun by the muzzle and began wielding it like a club. Each time he swung it, the dog dodged. Suddenly the "club" struck the ground and fired, shooting the man in the abdomen. His friends called 911 and he was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where he died from his injuries.


He did remain conscious long enough to confirm this account to police; otherwise, his poor friends might now be under suspicion of murder.


At least he didn't hit the dog!



Labels:

14 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Blogger lime said...

geeeees.what.are.people.thinking????

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

lol, they're not. :D at least not, clearly.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

I think this is my favorite segment on your blog. NEVER lose it.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

lol, I'm rather fond of it myself. :D No worries, it should be around as long as my blog is.:D Well, assuming there are enough idiots in the world to keep offing themselves doing unthinkably stupid things.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger jillie said...

OMG...this in WHY I don't carry or use a gun. I would be my own worst enemy.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

lol, Jillie. I'm all for gun ownership (I have several), but there is such a think as gun safety and I whole heartedly believe it should be learned and applied anytime someone comes near a gun. :D

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger G-Man said...

That's right..Thank God he didn't hit the dog!
Why doe's everyone feel the same way about that?
Remember tomorrow is Flash 55 day!!!!....G

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Karma's a bitch!

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

lol, G-man. I think it's because the dog is an innocent in this scenario. :D

Tomorrow? I thought the Flash 55 was on Friday...

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

you can say that again, Carrie. :D

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger G-Man said...

OK...I'm a day early sorry. I always post the night before, but technically you are correct...G

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

lol, right on. That's a good practice.:D I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to miss out this week.

Oh, and I'll remember to change the link from S to you as well. :D

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger jillie said...

Trust me...I can't even walk on my own two feet and I am actually doing OTHERS a favor by not having a gun in my presence. I too believe in guns, in PROPERLY trained hands ;o)

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

lol, then by all means steer clear of anything with gun powder. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.