Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Book Review: Rules of Darkness

I recently read Rules of Darkness by Tia Fanning. This is the first of a stack of books I purchased from some of my fellow authors at Resplendence Publishing.


Rules of Darkness is a paranormal romance written in the first person. It is the story of a young woman (Katia) trying to escape a destiny she never wanted and finally coming to grips with the importance of her special abilities.


Tia is a fantastic pacer and plotter. The story grips you from the first page and refuses to let you go until you reach the conclusion. Whether it’s a confrontation with an angry ghost or surrendering herself to the touch of her husband (Warning: Explicit Content), Tia’s attention to detail creates a vivid picture of the world Katia must live in.




If you ever enjoy a good romance novel, I highly recommend you add this one to your collection.





Synopsis




They tell me that I am special, that my ability to heal mental illness is a gift that should be treasured and appreciated. But nothing in this life is free, not even gifts. There is always a price to be paid somewhere, somehow. My healing gift came with twelve Rules of Darkness, rules that I must follow at all times, until the day I die. The rules are ingrained in who I am. They dictate how I live my life when I am awake, and they haunt me when I'm asleep. Don't look into a graveyard, Katia. Don't touch the dead, Katia. Never seek out the lost, Katia. It's enough to drive a person mad. And perhaps that's where I find myself now. A victim of a disease I can cure in others, but not in myself. It's madness to break the rules, and yet, I don't care anymore. I'm tired of living my life this way. I'm tired of the rules. I won't do it any more, and if that means I suffer the consequences, then so be it.




Rating: 5 of 5 Stars






Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Blogger lime said...

i've never been a big romance reader but this does sound intriguing....and heck, ya got me to read and enjoy vampire stories ;)

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

lol, that I did. I never used to read romance, but since I started writing for a romance publisher, I've branched out. :D

I still don't read straight up romance (yet), but I've found I'm rather enjoying paranormal romance and suspense/thriller ones.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

anything that has to do with the paranormal and I am on it. I have always like watching shows, reading books or articles about the paranormal.

I haven't had time to finish The Dance yet but I will get to this week. We have been really busy and yesterday we spent the day at the hospital welcoming our new niece to the world.

Have a great day!

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger lime said...

yes i am thinking i could handle the paranormal or romance with a twist much better than the garden variety 'groping of heaving alabaster bosoms' type of romance.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

oh, yeah I've always had a softspot for the paranormal myself, Breazy. I really hope you are enjoying The Dance. :D

lol, My thoughts exactly, Lime. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.