Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Book News and Friday 55

Have you read The Dance yet? Are you holding out for the print version? I realize that there are still a lot of people who just can’t bring themselves to read an e-book.

Well, if this is the category you fall in, I have some fantastic news. The Dance is now available in print!

Click on HERE to order a copy directly from the publisher.

It’s also available at Amazon.com You can reach it by clicking HERE

So don’t delay, pick up your copy today (rhyme intended).

The Dance




Here is a blurb:

Nearly a decade ago, Detective Tom Wiley worked a case that continues to haunt him to this day. But while the nature of The Puppeteer’s horrific crimes will always remain in Tom’s memory, it’s the guilt of not catching the serial killer before he vanished that still weighs heavily on his heart.

Eight years have passed since the last victim fell under the blade of that maniac during his vicious killing spree. The time of peace and quiet has come to an abrupt and gruesome end.

The Puppeteer is back.

With the unwanted help of his newly assigned partner, Detective Anna Perez, Tom will stop at nothing to end The Puppeteer’s latest reign of terror. But as the detectives follow the trail of bodies, they quickly realize The Puppeteer may not be their deadliest enemy, and they’re up against something far more sinister than the twisted workings of a serial predator.

Can Tom and Anna survive this world of insanity and death, of love and loss, of myth and magic, where the lines between good and evil are hard to discern? Or will they be forever swept away in The Dance?

And if you are looking for the Friday 55:

Alright folks, the object of the game is to write a story using exactly 55 words. Susie is the one that started it all, but she has passed the torch to G-Man.







Sand burns my eyes, but I don’t dare blink. They’re close, sounds like three of them. My rifle’s useless, a bullet smashed through its chamber in the ambush. The rest of my squad have fallen. The enemy still searchs. I grip a blade in each hand and spring from my hole. No one lives forever.

Also, don’t forget that Monday is my very first radio interview on Romantic Dialogue.The show broadcasts every Monday night at 9pm EST. My interview will be on March 31st, so mark your calendars.

Here are the particulars:
To have readers and friends participate, you can share the following instructions:
Call the show at (310) 984-7600 and enter Show ID 245692. Or, visit the show at http://www.nowlive.com/show/AlekaNakis.

I hope you can make it by…


Have a great weekend!



Labels: , ,

20 Comments:

At 4:56 AM, Blogger G-Man said...

Wow...James that was incredibly gripping.Very nicely done, and thanks for playing. Have a great week-end...Galen

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

Thanks, Galen and you have a great weekend as well.

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger lime said...

all such exciting news, james. i am certainly hoping i can make it on monday.

you never cease to amaze me by how much oomph you can pack into 55 words.

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

lol, I hope you can too, Lime. :D

Thanks, this is one of my favorite writing excercises. :D and you're the one who got me hooked on it. :D

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

An heroic 55! Fabulous! :)

The book sounds like just the sort of read I like James, I will look out for it.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

Thanks, Akelamalu.

Oh, I hope you enjoy the book. If they don't have it at your local book store, here is the ISBN #s.

ISBN 097979465X
EAN-13 9780979794650

I'm sure they can order you a copy. :D

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Strumpet said...

Congrats on the book and a very visual 55.

Excellent!

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

Thanks, Strumpet. I'm stoked about the book. :D

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger ciara said...

wow, very intense 55. i really enjoyed it. will have to check out your book.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

Thanks, Ciara and I hope you like the book. :D

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger barman said...

What exciting news about the book. It is no easy feet to get a book to the point of being published. I checked into it (not that I have a book to publish) and was amazed. Congratulations Sir.

What a wonderful 55. It amazes me how completely different everyone is that participates and also amazes me how much can be jam packed into so few words as you have done here. Oops, I see Lime said the same thing only much better. I may not be original but I do mean it just the same.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

Thanks, Barman. Yeah...it took a long time to see one of my books in print. :D

I appreciate the kind words. I do enjoy reading all of the varied 55s. :D

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger S said...

Congrats on the book news! I dont really care for ebooks cuz you can lie on the floor with a cat on your back and read it.....well ok, if you put the computer on the floor, maybe turned it on its side...
:P

That 55 was so good it made me thirsty!
And yes, Galen is the 55 host now! I have retired.

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Mona said...

Yaaay! new Book & that too a thriller mystery!

I would love to read, & so would my Son!

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

Hi S! I'm thinking the print copies will do better than the e-books did for just that reason. :D lol, and sorry about the thirst, but I'm glad you enoyed the 55.

Cool, thanks, Mona. If you get a chance to read it, be sure to let me know what you think. :D

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

James. RT? I want a signed copy, bud.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

Oh, yeah...I'll be at RT. :D It should be a blast. :D

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Kelly Kirch said...

Cool. I'll get my signed copy from you there.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

Right on! :D

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

So very proud of you, James. You are doing so well. As always, excellent writing. Keep me inspired!
Donnetta

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.