Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Friday, February 01, 2008

Paid in Full (A Friday 55)

Welcome to Friday 55. The object of the game is to write a story using exactly 55 words. Susie is the one that started it all, so be sure to drop by her site as well.

Want to play along? Let me know if you do so that I can come read your entries.

Tick-Tock. The sound should be reassuring. Its rhythm matches my heart. Tick-Tock. For now, at least. Tick-Tock. Soon, I’ll feel the surge. Tick-Tock. My mind will fade. Tick-Tock. Faces stare at me through the window, remorseless, hateful, sobbing. Tick-Tock. I give them a wink and a smile. Tick-Tock. The warden hits the switch. Tick--

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger lime said...

that gave me a bit of a jolt! though not as much as the narrator i am sure.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

lol, I'm thinking it was a once in a lifetime experience for him. :D

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

That was a bit 'shocking'! Sorry I couldn't resist! :)

Great 55. x

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

lol, thanks, Akelamalu. :D

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

sorry I am late getting to this one but you know about the probs. with my computer.

Great 55! This made me think of that movie that Sean Penn and Susan Sarandon starred in "Dead Man Walking".

Have a great week!

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

Hope your cuz can get you back in business soon. Thanks for the kind words. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.