Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday 55: Transitions

Alright folks, the object of the game is to write a story using exactly 55 words. Susie is the one that started it all, so be sure to drop by her site as well.



Fingers grip me, tender, rough, urgent. Breath comes in gulps between the moans. Her body glistens with sweat. My hands slide under her, grip her shoulder, brings her closer. She gasps. She pushes. Her body falls limp. I grip her hand. The baby’s cry pulls me away. Tears of mourning fall on tears of life.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger lime said...

you are a master of the emotional wallop! wow! well done.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Oh boy that was powerful!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

James that was beautiful! Really well done. Have a great weekend!


BTW...Tonight or tomorrow I will be purchasing my e-copy of The Dance!

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger S said...

WOw that was really awesome, James!

Am I a pervert or did I think it was sex at first?

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

I aim to please, Lime. :D

Thanks, Akelamalu. :D

That's awesome, Heather. I really appreciate that. :D


lol, not perverted at all, Susie. That's what I was going for. :D

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Donnetta Lee said...

Very good, James! You do have a way...Donnetta

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.