Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend Recap

We had another laidback weekend. My wife just finished her first week at her new job (after hanging out with me for six weeks) and they are in a rather intense set up mode, which means a lot more physical activity than a chemist usually performs. She was exhausted, but quite happy.

I, now brace yourself as this will come as quite a shock, injured myself in karate practice on Thursday. I jammed up my shoulder bad enough that I couldn’t lift my arm more than six inches from my side without excruciating pain. Needless to say, neither of us was in any shape to do more than lay up and watch movies and/or football.

I’ll try to review at least one if not all of the movies we watched, but the brief rundown was: The Bucket List, American Gangster, The Condemned, Event Horizon (I know…an oldie, but a goodie), and Turistas.

Sunday was all about the football. I watched my Pats struggle and eventually claim a victory over an impressive San Diego Chargers team. It was a great game and now the only thing standing between the Patriots and a perfect season is the Super Bowl where they will face the NFC Champions. The New York Giants eked out a win over the Green Bay Packers in overtime. It was a close game to say the least. I hope they bring their “A” game to Arizona, because they will need everything they can muster to keep from being slaughtered by the seemingly unstoppable New England Patriots.

So, how did you spend your weekend?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Akelamalu said...

Laidback weekends are good - I just had one myself. Sorry to hear about the shoulder - hope it heals quick.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

Thanks, I hope so too.:D If I had my way at least one weekend a month would be a laidback weekend...and it would be mandatory. :D

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

You hurt yourself? I don't believe a word of it!! LOL!

I hope your injury isn't too bad and that you feel better soon.

Congrats on the football win, I know a lot of people that are not doing so well with the outcome.

I really want to see The Bucket List.

Hope your day goes great!

 
At 4:30 AM, Blogger lime said...

good grief man! take care of yourself!!!

i spent the weekend tending to a boy who thought turning his digestive tract inside out was what the weekend was all about. poor kid. he rallied yesterday and is sick again today.

his one joy was watching his beloved pats win. mr. lime is a giants fan so everyone in the house was happy this weekend. the girls have aligned themselves with their father. i will back up the boy. we shall see who is smiling and who is crying after the superbowl. go pats!

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

lol, I know Breazy. That almost never happens to me. Perhaps I should consider the possibility that I'm getting to old to play this rough. :D

Egads, Lime. I hope he kicks the illness soon. It sounds like a miserable way to spend a weekend or any time at all for that matter.

Go Pats indeed. Hopefully Mr. Lime (and the limettes) won't take the loss too badly. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.