Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Weekend Recap

This weekend was all about the football games. The results of this round of playoffs were bittersweet. My New England Patriots secured another win, bringing them one step closer in their pursuit of perfection. They face the San Diego Chargers ( I know at least one hardcore Chargers fan, but I won’t hold that against him) next Sunday for the AFC Championship. If they win this one, all that’s left between them and the perfect season (undefeated from beginning to end) is the Super Bowl and the way the NFC has played this year , that should present no significant problem.

My wife’s favorite team, the Dallas Cowboys, spiraled out and practically gave their Championship dreams away on a silver platter. They lost, but they beat themselves. It was a very frustrating game filled with senseless penalties and dropped balls. We had high hopes for a Cowboys vs. Patriots Super Bowl this year. I guess there’s always next time…

So, how did you spend your weekend?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger lime said...

both days i had a house full of high schoolers working on filming a video for their history class. Mr. Lime also spent the entire weekend on the couch moaning in pain with his back.

we enjoyed seeing the pats win since my boy is a big pats fan. my oldest was upset by the colts loss though.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Angie said...

I took my kids to a very nice park near our apartment complex. They had a blast. My 2-year desperately wanted to go swimming with the ducks, and just couldn't understand why I wouldn't let her.

I also watched the Cowboys embarrass themselves. Finally a season where they played some decent football, and made themselves something to be proud of, only to get to the playoffs before deciding to reminisce about how they made us cringe in 2005 & 2006. Sad, sad.

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

ouch, I hope Mr. Lime is back on his feet now. I'm seriously hoping the Pats can go all the way... :D

lol, kids and water...doesn't matter what the temperature is they're always drawn to it, no? :D

Yes, the cowboys game was very disappointing. Yep, there's always next year though. :D

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger David Niall Wilson said...

Should be a good game this weekend. The Chargers are going to need some help from that big play defense, and it's still up in the air whether Rivers can play...but I think you'll see more of a contest than you did earlier in the year...all the pressure is on NE - The Chargers have nothing to lose by leaving it all on the table!

Sorry about your wife's Cowboys (my mom moved here from Dallas a few years back, and she was - while disappointed, not surprised). Still, did you REALLY want the marital disharmony that could arise from a Pats / Cowboys Superbowl?

D

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

oh yeah, I can't wait. :D I think it is going to be a close one to the bitter end.

Exactly, they'll be pulling no punches. Rivers is questionable and I haven't heard whether LT will be back for the match up either.

As for the Pats/Cowboys Superbowl...totally worth the risk. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.