Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, January 07, 2008

Weekend Recap

It was a quiet weekend in the Goodman household. I did manage to rent one movie (I’ll review it later this week), but mostly it was spent relaxing. Why such a lazy weekend? Sadly, it was because illness has made its way through the family one member at a time. It is an interesting little bug that leaves one sleeping far more than they are awake.

Thankfully, by Sunday I felt pretty much myself again, because I was able to get out of the house and meet Joe Schreiber. He was in town for the entire weekend. The good folks at Tulsa Ink Slingers flew him in to talk to their writing group. He managed to set up two book signings while he was here as well. Now that’s just good clean time management.

Joe was very cool in person. He seems like a great guy and I wish I would have had more time to visit with him, but I was more than a little afraid that I wasn’t over my bug yet and didn’t want to spread the plague. He gave me my free copy of the Eat the Dark audiobook (I won it in a contest he was running on his blog. Swing by there for more details and to see my winning entry). I can’t wait to hear it. I’m up to Chapter 5 now. I’ll give you a full review once I’ve finished it, but so far it’s shaping up to be a damn scary story. So, you know I’m enjoying it.

Well, I need to close for now and get back to my latest WIP, Marshall Law. I hope to have it complete in the next couple of weeks. Don’t worry, I’ll have a snippet or two for you when the story is finished.

So, how was your weekend?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger lime said...

lol, mine was similarly low key since my low back was feeling more than a tad dodgy. i sat by the fire as i watched movies, read books and newspapers and worked crossword puzzles. i may feign symptoms next week, lol

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

My weekend was okay. We stayed around the house mostly and visited with my parents who live three doors down.

Just to let you know, I am no longer working so I will be around more often and I do apologize for my lack of reading and commenting you and all the others on my blog roll the past few months but time has been something that I haven't had enough, now however I will have time.

Take care!

I hope y'all had a wonderful holiday season!

 
At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just glad to see you blogging again! I miss reading what you have to say on a daily basis.
I do hope you are feeling better I was going to call you over the week-end but thought you needed the rest.
we worked over the week-end getting the carport,tard & house cleaned. Yuck!!!
have a great day
love
MoM

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

Sounds like a lovely way to spend the weekend, Lime. Well, other than the back.

No worries on the visiting, Breazy. Glad to see you around again. :D I'll slip by and check your blog out today.

Thanks, Mom. We are feeling better. All that cleaning sounds an awful lot like work, lol.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.