Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Magnificent Seven

The delightful Kris Yankee tagged me for this meme. The premise is simple. I’ve got to come up with 7 things that you all don’t know about me. Well, I’ve posted memes like this a time or two, so that could be tricky, but I’ll give it a whirl.
The rules:

Link to the person who tagged you;
Leave a comment on their blog so that their readers can visit yours;
Post the rules on your blog;
Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog;
Tag 7 random people at the end of your post;
Include links to their blogs;
Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
7 things about me…

1. I was once told that I’d never be able to have children because of something that happened when I was in the Army. Yes, I have a son and he is my miracle baby. True, I only have the one, but it was enough to prove the doctors wrong.

2. I once stayed awake for nearly 96 hours. Did you know that sleep deprivation can cause hallucinations?

3. I have a gaggle of half-brothers and sisters that I’ve never met.

4. I’m a stickler for schedule. If I’m running late, I get all twitchy. If other people make me late, I grind my teeth.

5. I rarely raise my voice. It’s so rare that when I do yell, everybody listens, including the dogs.

6. For the last year, I would rather be at home than out on the town. I now fully understand what they mean by “There’s no place like home.”

7. I’m 36 years old and I still like to play with toys.

Well, that was painless enough. Now who shall I tag with this? I say we go with these fine folks:

Lime
Breazy
Carrie
Angie G
Maddie James
Jinger
Kelly

Be sure to let me know if you post the meme, so I can check out the answers.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5:54 AM, Blogger lime said...

1. dontcha just LOVE being able to prove them wrong!

2. i haven't made 96 hours but i have learned the hallucination bit

3. wow

4. eek, ever since living in trinidad i have worked more and more on the caribbean schedule...which is to say...late

5. i need to take a lesson from you in this matter.

6. kinda weird how that happens as we age, isn't it?

7. i'm pushing 40 and still love legos.

ok, i have done this meme probably 6 or 7 or 8 times. for you i am happy to do it again but i am really going to have to think about what to use because if i reveal much more than i already have i may need to ask for some sort of deep and abiding commitment from you and the rest of my readers, lol.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Angie said...

1. My biological father was told the same thing by the Air Force. He ended up with two daughters less than a year apart. I wonder who does their testing??

2. Wow. That's incredible. What were you doing?

3. I have a passle of halfsies, too, and steps as well, but unfortunately, I have met every single one of them.

4. Good thing we don't run together... I am not always late, but I'm not always on time either!

5. I yell way too much. It has the opposite effect - no one listens at all.

6. That's awesome.

7. Toys rawk! I like to color with my kids and play with Play-Doh. I also will play with toy cars even if they're not interested... I like Legos, too, Lime!

My answers are on my blog. Thanks for including me!

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

And don't think I don't appreciate that, Lime. :D

Cool, Angie I'll head over and check them out. As for the answer to #2, I just wanted to see how long I could do it...

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

I normally don't like memes but this one is kind of cool because you get to learn more about each other.

I will be posting the meme in a few minutes so you can read it when you are available.

Thanks James and I hope you have a good Friday!

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Maddie James said...

Oh dear... you are now going to make me break my blogging hiatus streak...with something I need to really think about! of course it is 4 a.m. and I'm pre-caffeine so this might have to wait an hour or so....

soon. i'll do it soooonnn... promise. like today. but later. post-caffeine.

maddie, stumbling off to the coffee maker.

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Maddie James said...

All right, I have had my way with your tag, Mr. Goodman. So there. :)

maddie

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.