Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, January 28, 2008

The Last King of Memphis

Saturday night we had the honor of seeing none other than The Beale Street Blues Boy himself, B. B. King. The man is nothing short of incredible. He’s 82 years old, but still gives one of the most entertaining performances I’ve ever seen. His hands still caress the strings of “Lucille” with such finesse, the result borders on magical. His voice still packs a wallop that will drive his words home and leave you with a shiver that reaches straight through to the soul.

If you ever have an opportunity to see him play, I highly recommend you take advantage of it. He has a sound that transcends age, gender, and dare I say even musical preference.



It was definitely a night I won’t soon forget. Thank you Mr. King for giving such a lively performance. I can only hope that I have half the spunk of this man when if I’m in my eighties.




So, how was your weekend?

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

I too hope that I have that much spunk if or when I hit 80.

Our weekend was good, we done some shopping over the weekend and just chilled at home.

You have a good Monday!

btw..how is the shoulder doing?

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

It's getting better, Breazy. :D I'd hoped to be able to return to the dojo today, but I think I need to give it another week.

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!! The man definetly still has it!!!
luv,
MoM

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Donica Covey said...

I adore BB King! How exciting you getting to see him!

By the way, I tagged you for a meme-hop over to http://donicacovey.blogspot.com and see what the rules are!

Donica Covey

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

No doubt about it, Ma.

Hi Donica. Thanks for the tag. I'll swing by and check it out.

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger lime said...

WOW!!!! i am so envious1 it sounds like an absolutely fabulous time! thanks for sharing. it beats my sick duty weekend...again, lol.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger James Goodman-Horror Writer said...

It was...it was a fabulous time, Lime. :D Sorry to hear you're still on sick duty. :( I hope your house is healthy soon.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.