Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, December 03, 2007

Defining Moments

I feel utterly compelled to give mad props to friend and author, David Niall Wilson. He is one helluva writer.

I’ve been quite snowed under of late. Between rising demands at the day job and pounding the keys on my latest project, I haven’t had much time to sit back and enjoy a good book.

A month or more ago, I snagged a copy of Defining Moments. It is a collection of shorts that Mr. Wilson brings to life with the skill and flare of a master wordsmith. This is truly a one of a kind collection and put in a limited edition, hand-bound, signed, hardback to boot. Dave has outdone himself and considering how much I’ve enjoyed his work to date, that’s saying something.

I finally had a chance to read it this weekend. Some of the stories I’ve read before, but they seem to evolved and the new experience exceeded my expectations.


Synopsis

Enter a world of chilling terror and thrilling unease. David Niall Wilson will be your guide as you meet vampires, werewolves and other things altogether more terrible. Defining Moments is a representative collection of this award-winning author’s novellas, novelettes and stories – with three all new tales (including two lengthy novellas).

Here is the line up:

Contents:
• Preface by David Niall Wilson
• Defining Moments
• The Lost Wisdom of Instinct
• For These Things I Am Truly Thankful
• Cockroach Suckers
• More Than Words
• The Call of Farther Shores
• Bloody Knife & Morning Star
• The Gentle Brush of Wings
• The Death-Sweet Scent of Lilies
• To Dream of Scheherazade
• A Taste of Blood and Roses
• The Milk of Paradise
• ’Scuse Me While I Kiss the Sky

My only regret in picking this book to end my long dry spell, is that it ended to quickly. I devoured the words, lost myself in other worlds, other times and for a moment, I was transported from all of life’s trials and tribulations. Thanks Dave, I really needed the reprieve. I anxiously await your next book.

Be sure to pick up a copy while you still can. There aren’t many in existence and the number of copies for sale are dwindling by the day. Don’t miss out on a truly great collection of works.

Also stop by and tell him I said thanks for a perfect Saturday afternoon.



Rating: 5 Stars


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.